Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa came early...and I was goooooood this year!


Jay and I are not good at keeping secrets from each other...which is probably a good thing in the whole scheme of things. But it is not good when it comes to gift-giving. He did surprise me one Christmas by making me homemade Baklava...sorry ladies, he's already taken. That just so happens to be one of my favorite things ever. It's right up there with chocolate covered cherries and tiramisu and money that grows on trees. He made it all by his lonesome one year pre-kiddos, and it was deeeelish. Can I get an "awwwwwwwww".

But for the most part, we can not keep our gifts a secret from each other. I mean, he knows to expect new underwear and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in his stocking, and I expect to find Lindt Truffles and Beef Jerky (except that I already ate all the beef jerky...he let me have it early). By the way, I need some more ideas for his stocking...come on, something original...like new socks or t-shirts or something.

My Christmas gift came in the mail the other day, and my darling husband let me unwrap it and set it up to play around with before we left for our Christmas vacation. Thanks babe! I highly recommend this fun little toy for any photographer or designer...it is so fun to use and makes editing so much easier. For the first time in eons, I took my camera to the park the other day to catch some shots of the kids...just so I could practice editing them with my new toy. I'm loving it. You're the best, darling! Thanks for my Christmas gift!!

7 comments:

AmyG on December 16, 2008 at 6:01 AM said...

Wow... what an awesome gift! And the pictures are amazing! You have such an amazing gift with photography! I wish you lived closer! lol

Rachel on December 16, 2008 at 8:08 AM said...

You're getting better, it's only 10days early this year.
I think you should give Jay some shotgun shells (or whatever he likes to shoot). Marty and Daniel will be outside shooting every day.

amber on December 16, 2008 at 8:33 AM said...

Ahhh, that's a GREAT idea Rachel. I'm calling you to find out what kind.

Jay, don't read this. :)

Tara on December 16, 2008 at 10:50 AM said...

Cute Pictures! I can't tell you what Im putting in Silas's stocking...because he will read this! But I also get Reese Cups in my stocking!!

Anonymous said...

Amber,
Hey...I like to put a thing of Jiffy Pop Popcorn with a movie gift card...or even a DVD and popcorn for a nice romantic night after the kiddos go to bed! I even do it for the girls for a family night at the movies.
Love ya!
Nina

Dana on December 16, 2008 at 6:27 PM said...

Very cool gift; I've never talked to anyone who has used one....How do you like it? What size did you get it?? :)

amber on December 16, 2008 at 9:11 PM said...

I got the 6x8, and it is really user-friendly. The editing is just so much more precise. LOVE it.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez