Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some things just stop you in your tracks


Jay told me a couple of days ago that he has been praying that Nathan would start eating 6-8 ounces every bottle. I thought that was all sweet and everything to pray that, but kind of shrugged it off as a reality. I can count on both hands the number of times the poor kiddo has ever drank 6 ounces, and he has never ever taken more than that.

When will I ever stop doubting the power of prayer?

Nathan ate 8 ounces of formula for the very first time in his life just a little bit ago. I thought I was being adventurous by fixing him 6 ounces, but he drank that and wanted more. So I fixed more. And he drank it. And remarkably, he has kept every bit of it down.

At first, I attributed it to his increased motility meds and to the fact that we have stopped giving him solids all together. But then I remembered Jay telling me that he had been praying for this specifically. This may seem to be a little thing, but it is huge. It is very huge.

I am amazed at God's daily gifts to us.

8 comments:

Chontee Joyner said...

I totally get it, Brianna never drank more than 4 ounces at a time until she was a year and a half old. I would make her a five ounce bottle and she would leave axactly one ounce in there everytime, no lie. When you have a special needs child, the little things ALWAYS mean the most. I can not tell you how many times we have rejoiced over poop and more than two hours of sleep at a time. I definitely can relate with you!

Tara on December 4, 2008 at 5:58 PM said...

The power of prayer! WoW! That gives me chills, just reading it and knowing what an awesome God we serve!

AmyG on December 4, 2008 at 7:03 PM said...

Awesome news! It always amazes me, the work that God does. Big & small!

Blondie on December 4, 2008 at 7:07 PM said...

All God things, no matter how small, are HUGE! How awesome!

I watched the previous video with my sons (9 and 2), and my 9yo just could not believe that there could be anything wrong with Nathan based on how active he was! It was a good teaching moment about how the outside does not always mirror what is within (in good and bad ways).

Here's to turning points, progress, and most importantly - PRAYER!

oh amanda on December 4, 2008 at 8:31 PM said...

Awesome, Amber! I heard something somewhere about praying specifically---b/c God is into details. I can't remember it all but....regardless-yay, God!

Jill Chandler on December 5, 2008 at 7:42 AM said...

Wow! Great news to start my day by! God is so good!

Lisa on December 6, 2008 at 11:11 AM said...

Great news!! God is so awesome.

Lisa Q

Anonymous said...

Amber,
We have not because we ask not! I am so glad. God is concerned about every detail of our life! Go Nate man Go... Go Nate man Go!
Love,
Dina

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez