Friday, December 5, 2008

Wrong sports season, chick


I love this time of year. I'm not just talking about the holiday cheer, Christmas decorations and lovely Christmas music that we have secretly been listening to since September (I love it, I really really do). I love this time of year because this month is the start of some of the most comfortable months weather-wise we have here in the great ole' state of Flo-ree-da. It starts the time when we spend each and every day playing outside in the gorgeous 72 degree sunniness. Oh, it's wonderful.

Nathan, like most boys, LOVES being outside. In fact, we have recently witnessed his first huge temper tantrum when someone walked outside and then closed the door and did not take him. It royally ticked off this little stinker! And from the recent pics, it is evident that Nateman simply adores his new push-toy...which is actually one of his Christmas presents that I asked Jay put together early because I wanted to use it for Christmas pictures. Eh, he's still young. He doesn't get Christmas yet. He will walk behind that push toy all day if you let him.

We met some friends at the park yesterday, and for some crazy reason, we started talking about our kids starting kindergarten in a few months. Seriously? For real? When did I go and grow an almost 5 year old? I was thoroughly depressed after yesterday's convo, but Abby could not be more excited about starting school. Emma whines every time we talk about it because she wants to go to kindergarten with Abby. I told her that she had to get to where she could part from bear-bear for at least 20 minutes before we could even think about her going to school. She dropped the idea.

Speaking of the middleun, I overheard a conversation she was having with her brother yesterday:
"Nate, Daddy said that I can't say when I tooted anymore 'cause it's rude, but I really did tooted."

She also cracks us up each and every time we play Uno...as soon as I shuffle the cards, causing them to make the loud "shuffling/tooting" sound, she immediately non-chalantly pipes up "Oh, excuse me!" Seriously, this kid! She's one of a kind.

8 comments:

Winter on December 5, 2008 at 2:05 PM said...

I was wondering what that title was for. Good singing Emma! Love the hair cut too.

~sydney~ on December 5, 2008 at 2:25 PM said...

So adorable! I love how she sounds mad and bold in some parts of the song and then soft and quiet for the ending note! So cute!

I don't even want to think about Abby starting school!

Anonymous said...

It is so funny how a like Nathan and Matthew are. I have a picture hanging in my living room that you took of Matthew with a wagon just like that. Matthew loved that toy! We need to get them together to play!!

Love ya,
Beth

Jill Chandler on December 5, 2008 at 9:32 PM said...

To quote Rodney, "Precious!"
Love, Jill

Annie Peterson on December 6, 2008 at 12:04 AM said...

Enjoy the Florida weather! It's SO different from chilly KC I get every morning... =)

skye on December 7, 2008 at 11:45 AM said...

Love, love, love your Christmas card - the pictures are GREAT :)

W. Latane Barton on December 7, 2008 at 3:21 PM said...

Just saw your Dad at Tidewater. Good sermon and he's a funny man. Enjoyed him so much.

Also Sister Julie just made the connection between this blog and you and your Dad. Sometimes I surprise myself at how slow I am.

Erin Faubus on December 8, 2008 at 5:51 PM said...

Wow. That is CUTE! You've got three absolutely precious children!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez