Saturday, January 24, 2009

11 months


My dear little destructo,

I put you down for a nap in just a diaper the other day right after I had given you a bath. When I went to retrieve you a couple of hours later, I was greeted with a nakey boy who had peed all over his crib. Ummmm, when did you learn to take off your diaper? For some reason, I see this to be the first of many streak-attacks we'll have from you around here.This month has been incredible, Nate! You have looked the best this month that you have in your entire life. You had a 5-week streak of not being sick, and you took off in your milestones during this time. You are standing on your own and almost walking, laughing all of the time, and just acting so big. You started enjoying food this month and have recently gone through a huge growth spurt, gaining a full pound in just a couple of weeks. It has just been so much fun to see you enjoy your bottles for the very first time and even more, enjoy eating anything and everything we give you. I love seeing you eat so much and ask for more!! And I have to credit you with a milestone that neither of your sisters accomplished...last Saturday, you started holding your bottle all by yourself. I can not tell you how excited this made me!! I love seeing how big you look as your feed yourself a bottle."Destructo". That's our name of choice for you these days. Even Abby and Emma call you that now. You have started pulling every single book off your bookshelf numerous times each day, pulling all the pots and pans out of the cabinet, and biting the bathtub foam letters into little pieces. Vacuuming the house takes twice as long these days due to you unplugging the vacuum cleaner every time I turn my back. You are our little destructo...and we LOVE having a boy in the house.After months of trying to get you interested in books, you will finally sit still for them. You will sit and listen to "Go Away Big Green Monster" as many times as we will read it to you. You also love to turn the pages of your tractor and truck books during church. But your favorite thing to do with books is pick them up, take a look at the cover, and then toss them across the room. I guess my predictions of you reading Tolstoy by next year may not come to fruition after all.You love to be outside. You like to eat dirt. You still spin the wheels on all of your cars until you are completely satisfied with how they are turning. You swipe all of the fridge magnets off of the fridge every single time you pass by it. You give the best kisses ever...albeit, still very open-mouthed slobbery ones. You love your sisters almost as much as your love your paci. You are more of a Daddy's boy than I ever thought possible at this age. You still bury your face into my chest when you are sad or tired. And you still give the best smiles in the whole world.
I can not believe that this time next month, we will be telling you "Happy Birthday"! In the meantime, happy 11 months little destructo!

3 comments:

Lisa on January 26, 2009 at 8:40 AM said...

Too sweet! My son is the youngest of our three and at 11 he is still so sweet to his momma.

Lisa Q

Wanda on January 26, 2009 at 8:56 PM said...

Nathan,
What a personality you are getting . . . you sure can melt my heart!
Wandy

Brandy on January 28, 2009 at 8:22 PM said...

Happy 11 months Nate!
It doesn't seem like he is behind at all. I completely forgot about those taking the dipes off days...lol.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez