Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Fire Place



Emma and I went out for her birthday dinner last weekend, and she obviously chose to go to the Japanese Steakhouse (you know, where they cook in front of you). She loves the food...hates the fact that they use a mountain of fire to get everything started...and the fact that they do the cool onion volcano with fire coming out of the top trick, which I find is way cool. But alas, the food is too good for her to pass up just because the place "scares her to deafers". It was actually a fun dinner...despite the fact that she clawed her way to the top of my head each time she saw fire anywhere in the restaurant.

So, Miss Abby and Miss Emma both had their well checks today. Abby is a whopping 46 inches and 42 pounds, and Emma is a teeny 34-3/4 inches and 26 pounds. Both are healthy, and Abster had to get her 5 year old booster shots...3 of them, poor child. That totally warranted a trip to the drugstore for some pixie sticks.

Emma has won herself a trip to our beloved therapy place for an evaluation for speech therapy. The great news is that her cognitive recognition in speech is way above her age, but she is just not forming her words correctly. It seems that the low muscle tone in her face is causing a problem in the formation of a lot of the words, and hopefully a speech therapist can give us some pointers on how to help her at home. Of course, I will miss her coming up to me and saying, "I wanna thee my thithtah." (For those of you who do not routinely speak "Emma", that would be "I want to see my sister".) And I will really miss referring to her as "mush mouth".

My niece, Hailey, had a good week of doctors appts. The cardiologist has told them to expect heart surgery around her first birthday, so that will be in the fall. Ashley said she loved the geneticist and felt like they were really taken care of. Hailey had quite a bit of genetic bloodwork done and should have results in a few weeks. Ashley said the doctor was really interested in Nathan and went through his medical history and pictures intensively to see if they were related in any way to Hailey's. She said that she wants to stay updated on Nathan's progress and information because her specialty is dealing with mitochondrial cell dysfunction. I thought that was very interesting. I'll update more on Hailey when the lab results come back.

6 comments:

mollie on January 22, 2009 at 10:35 PM said...

She is so cute! We went to a "fireplace" a few weeks ago with sargents and Autrys. Luke eventually hung himself over his highchair and hid his head under the table every time there was a big fire.Those fireplaces sure are fun! and the food is soooo good!

Blondie on January 22, 2009 at 11:27 PM said...

I have always said that my 2yo son, Will, will end up marrying an older woman. Please tell Emma there is a really cute, ginormous, blonde-haired, cutie-patootie in NC when she's ready. One drawback: He's an Auburn fan, not a Gator fan.

Dana on January 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM said...

Too cute! Tell Emma she has a small friend her age. I doubt Allie is much bigger!

Emily on January 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM said...

That video is so precious!!! Loved it

missmay828 on January 24, 2009 at 3:41 PM said...

Emma reminds me SO much of my little sister, in so many ways. I was her personal interpreter for a year or so, no one else could understand what she was saying... enjoy it now, it certainly won't last forever! :)

Katie on January 25, 2009 at 9:02 AM said...

That's it. I'm kidnapping her.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez