Monday, January 12, 2009

The slumber party...


...was a huge success. No fights, no tears, no "I wanna go home"s. The girls had so much fun that they want to have slumber parties every weekend. Thankfully, I had already thought to apply the "special occasions only" rule before the party even started. Abby, bless her little soul, was 4 shades of crazy through the night. "I just can't help it mom! I'm just too excited!!" was her lame excuse...the lame excuse that totally worked for her for the duration of the par-tay. She was running and jumping and bouncing and being so dang sassy trying to impress her friends. The funny thing is that these are the same exact friends we get together with every week...and have since they were babies. Lesson: sleep-overs make a kid CRAZY!The kids only required 3 reminders to go to sleep. Emma found a spare bowl of popcorn and was apparently keeping all the other girls awake with her loud, incessant chewing. By 10:00, all was quiet and calm in the land of the livingroom fort. One of the girls (not my kid) woke in the middle of the night and crawled into bed with us for the rest of the night. I totally didn't think of that being a "sleepover no-no" until the next day when I was talking to my sister-in-law. Good thing it was one of my best friends' kids.Nathan had a rough night that night of the sleepover...of all the nights. Everytime I brag about how good he is doing on here, he pulls a fast one on me. The poor fella has had a rough few days with his reflux and we just aren't sure why. He is spitting up a ton again and when he isn't actually spitting up, you can actually hear the reflux going up and him swallowing it all back down. He's had a few rough nights and some painful episodes during the day. Since he is drooling a ton again, I think that he is starting to cut some more teeth...that may be the culprit to the increase in reflux again.Anywho...the sleepover was fun. The girls left the next morning with sparkling fingernails and toenails, a small bag of goodies, red-rimmed eyes, and a sugar high from the doughnut/leftover cupcake breakfast. And due to all of that, it was a huge success. (Since I am still recuperating from the sleepless night, the sleep-over pics are still on my camera.)

6 comments:

Dani on January 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM said...

I really love these pictures of the girls. Some of the best you've put up... of course they are all so good...

Kim and Asa on January 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM said...

You're a brave woman! My 12 year old is having her birthday sleepover this weekend. I hope they are as good as your girls were!

Anonymous said...

I remember our last sleepover. We only had about 7 girls stay the night. I think the biggest one was 13 Kate's age and 1 for Sarah...15 girls...Was I nuts or what...no, really, when I look back, we had such fun! Oh how these days do fly by! Great pictures!
Love ya,
Dina

Emily on January 13, 2009 at 8:41 AM said...

That's pretty great that a sleep over went so well with still young kids. I'm impressed! Too funny about one crawling in bed with ya.

I love this time of year in Florida too. It means lot of great outdoor pics on your blog!

Tara on January 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM said...

Jolee had such a great time at the sleep over, that's all she has talked about. Who am I kidding, I had a great time too! You did a wonderful job, putting it together!

AmyG on January 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM said...

Sounds like a great night! More beautiful pictures of the girls

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez