Thursday, January 29, 2009

'Tis the season for sickies


So, I've been fighting a nasty cold for the past couple of days...something I'm guessing I got from wiping Nate's leaky faucet of a nose with the bottom of my shirt. Nice, huh? I figured that the snotty germs walked their little slimy selves up my shirt...through the mountains and the valleys (sorry, couldn't resist) and hopped their grimy behinds into me nose holes. Oh, ye scurvy dogs. Arrrrrggg! Obviously, this is the antihistamine talking.My sweet darling hubby-dubs asked if he needed to come home early lest I murder the stowaways, and I kindly told him that after surviving a stomach virus and food poisoning in recent months, 'dis ain't nuttin. Sure, my sinuses may very well explode any momento and spew grimy scurvy snot germs all over the cabin, but we're all good. Rock on me hardies!
He took the girls grocery shopping last night in order to prevent the inevitable lunch of peanut butter and jelly spoons since the bread ran out...even the heels of the loaf. That never happens. The girls came bee-bopping back into the house with a sweet little "Get Well Soon" balloon that they bought for me. Okay, you can say it...Awwwwwwwww. They truly are sweethearts.Fast forward to this morning as I stumbled into the living room in my Nyquil-induced stupor...the girls were watching Scooby Dooby Doo, Where are you? (you know you'll be singing that song for the rest of the day) when Abby looks up and proclaims "You gave me your sick germs. I need my balloon back."
After a good laugh and a thermometer reading of a very mild fever, she did indeed get to hold the Get Well balloon for a while...until Emma came to me with sick eyes and said it was now her turn to have the balloon. It's definitely turned out to be the perfect cold, rainy day to lay around and watch cartoons all day.As for Emma's "sick eyes", she gets this glassy-eyed look a day or two before she gets sick...this is something she has done since she was itty-bitty. Nathan's whole face gets puffy a day or two before he gets sick. And Abby...well, I don't know she is getting sick until she tells me. Funny how they all respond differently.

5 comments:

Ceridwen on January 29, 2009 at 5:11 PM said...

Hope everyone on board feels well soon!

Jill on January 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

Funny about the way kids look as they get sick, isn't it? We've always been able to tell Sam was sick by his eyes LONG before he'd admit feeling crummy!
Hope you're all feeling better soon!
Love, Jill

Meg on January 29, 2009 at 5:42 PM said...

Awww, you have been through the ringer this Winter! I hope you all recover soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better real soon.

Linda

Katie on February 4, 2009 at 8:09 AM said...

Holy cow, your kids have incredible eyelashes.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez