Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ready for a new week


I've realized that you can't really call yourself a "tried and true" parent until you've picked up your kid's poo out of the bathtub...bare-handed. Yeah, gag all ya want. I've done it...with 3 out of 3 kiddos. We're batting 1000 here. It's not something I jump at the occasion for either...especially when the 5 year old is asking thousands of questions about your technique of bare-fistin' it while you hold you breath with each swipe and try your hardest not to scream at the older one for talking so dang much while you are clearly elbows deep in it.

Yeah, it's been that kind of week.

I'll spare all the whiny details, but most of it revolves around the fact that my darling son has decided that he would rather be wide awake and screaming for 2-3 hours in the middle of every single night this week. Me no good mother on no good sleep. Me have lots o' headaches and am very quick to raise my voice at other children who ask lots o' questions.

So, here's hoping that this week starts off on a better foot...or rather, a better night's sleep. Because it just happens to be the little midnight tormentor's 1st birthday in a couple of days.

9 comments:

Melodie Langstraat on February 23, 2009 at 1:10 AM said...

totally lmao over here.. so gross, but oh so true! been there and gagged every time, that's what husbands are for! Love Nate's one year pics, what a little stud.

AmyG on February 23, 2009 at 7:14 AM said...

Eww...

I hope you get some sleep this week. How are Nathan's ears feeling??

Blondie on February 23, 2009 at 10:03 AM said...

I understand. I am now 2 for 2 with mine. Andrew did it 8 years ago, and Will did it two weeks ago. Oh, the joys of motherhood...

Anonymous said...

It just so happens that I also fished poop out of the tub this week. Unfortunately mine was for the two year old. I guess for the same reasons she peed all over the dining hall of church yesterday. I did not however use my hands, I made Tony do it!!!!! Love, Amanda Mccook

Christine on February 23, 2009 at 2:00 PM said...

He is such a handsome little man!!! I hope that he and you both get some rest this week!!! Is he teething!!?

Ceridwen on February 23, 2009 at 2:13 PM said...

Do you know out of three kids that has only happened once in our house. And it was while my mother-in-law was baby sitting. So really, I've never had to do it. Eily is only 9 months old so I'm not in the clear yet.

Michelle Garvin said...

Hope you can get some rest this week! I love the new pic/style of the blog!! Great pic of all three kiddos!!!

skye on February 23, 2009 at 4:07 PM said...

those pictures of Nafey are precious! i love that little montage :)

Tammy said...

I have four kids and never fished for poop from them. Mercy was served because I had already paid my "doos" when I was eight and in the bathtub with my baby sister. Guess who got the honors? Not my mom, for sure.

You all remain in our prayers.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez