Friday, March 20, 2009

Ahhhh, finally.


Today. Today was a good day. In a very leeee-ong string of pretty much bad days, today was indeed a very good day. The kids were well behaved...everything went almost according to plan. In essence, it felt like the very first sunny 70 degree day after a very long snowy winter. Although, it's sunny and over 70 everyday here, so the weather analogy might not swing too well with the southerners...though all you snow birds understand what I'm trying to say. Or do you? Sometimes I don't even know what I am trying to say.
(His "preacher" imitation)

After a rough month behaviour-wise with the chitlens, they were almost little angels all day today. Nateman had to have some labs run at the hospital today, and since Jay is gone to a meeting, the girls had to tag along. Little dude did outstanding during the blood draw...he grunted at the phlebotomist a couple of times, but he really just enjoyed slobbering all over the last sucker from the Halloween candy stash while they easily filled 7 vials of blood. We then had to hang out a bit longer so Nafey boy could fill a mini-plastic bag attached to his "wee-wee" (or whatever your special name is for it).

We sat and watched a woman play the piano in the lobby for a while, and Emma decided to march right on up and start dancing in front of everyone...that was when Abby rolled her eyes and proclaimed "Ugh! She is embarrassing me!" Dude! Seriously. When did you become 15? But, Abs was kind of right. I mean, Emma's form of dance is a half-ballet/half-provocative "what have you been watching in the middle of the night" type dance. I worry about that kid.
The kids waited patiently for the 3 hours we were at the hospital...although, I did let them run around outside and climb trees for a good while, to which they instantly took on the appearance of the VonTrap kids and broke out in their very own rendition of "Doe, a deer..." Seriously, if you could only live in my brain for a day...it's constantly mis-firing and coming up with all these scenarios. What is the deal?

Nathan was looking better today than he has in a very long time. He was happy and playful and very smart. He has been extremely spacey and unsteady all week, and he has been more tachypneic than usual, which is actually a bit freaky when it happens. But today, he seemed to feel so good...I can not tell you how good it is to see him on his "great" days. I don't worry at all about him on these days.
So all in all...a stellar day. Jay should be home tomorrow...and Papa (Jay's dad, who is with him at this meeting) is coming with him. The kids have been making crafts all day to give to Papa and to their daddy...since tomorrow is his birthday and all (shhhhhhhhhhh! He HATES to be sung to at lunch after church). Happy Birthday, sweetheart. You are truly the most supportive and loving man ever!!

5 comments:

Tara on March 20, 2009 at 11:04 PM said...

You so posted that, hoping that someone at church will remember and call him out didn't you??? Slick, I love it!! Happy Birthday Jay! My lips are sealed Sunday.

oh amanda on March 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM said...

So glad it was a good day! I haven't commented in forever. But I'm here and I love and pray for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Nate and that the girls did so good at the hospital. How old is Jay...30 or 40.. :-)???? I will be 38 soon, wow...did I say that? My my how time just passes you by when you are having fun!!!...I don't know if I can keep my lips sealed Tara-bo-dara...I think we may have to say something Sunday.... ;-)
Love ya,
Dina

Lisa on March 21, 2009 at 10:13 AM said...

Good days are just good! The pictures of the kids are sweet as usual. Glad you had a peaceful day.

Lisa Q

Ceridwen on March 21, 2009 at 1:40 PM said...

Like a breath of fresh air, huh?

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez