Wednesday, March 11, 2009

From the mouths of...what did you just say?


Abby asked if she could do something the other day, and I told her no. Really, I can't even remember what the convo was about...it was just an everyday casual experience, until...

She started walking away and I distinctly heard her mumble "dang it!" under her breath.

"What did you say?"
"Nuthin"
"No, what did you just say?"
"Ummmmmm...wellllllllllll..."
"I know fo' shizzle that you did not just say 'dang it' sistah! Well, crap! Where in the heck did you hear that funky trash talk? I know that you ain't heard that kinda garbage in this flippin' house. Now go on and get that bar of soap so I can wash your turd mouth out, dag-nabbit."
Okay, okay, I know that "dang it" isn't too terribly bad, but it sure did sound like the mother board of profanities coming from a 5 year old's mouth. And yes, I've been known to say it a few times, but I thought I was really careful around the kiddos. Although, little miss has stealth hearing these days and can repeat whole conversations back to me in Latin. Dude, she's that smart...and that nosey. And she's totally testing out some independence these days...evident through her crossing the road without asking last night and almost being squashed like a pancake....to which she was totally reminded that she is not allowed to assert her independence without asking us first, dang it!

3 comments:

Ceridwen on March 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM said...

Man, I don't think that I'm ready for all that to begin here and I'm not far behind you!

~sydney~ on March 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM said...

ahahahaha! love it, love it, love it!

Cait said...

I don't often swear but one day I had my 3 year old nephew in the car and I had a close encounter with another car and had to slam my breaks on pretty hard. I let out an s-bomb. A week later we were backing out the driveway and I breaked hardish just to let a car pass. A little voice from the back of the car yelled out S***. Funny. But not good.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez