Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No one ever mentioned the terrible threes


Abby: I think I am old enough to start calling you "Mom" now.
Me: (Pokes bottom lip out)
Abby: Okay, okay. I know you don't like me growing up on you and everything. (Sigh) I'll call you "Mommy" for a little while longer.
The kids all like to take turns on who is going to be the "envelope-pusher" (that's what we call it, but after writing it, I have no earthly idea what it means) for the week, and Emma seemed to get the shortest straw this time. Dude, she's been a handful this week. Everything she does seems to be in that "grey area" of discipline. She's not behaving too well, but she hasn't really done anything that makes you bring out the "big guns". No, I'm not going to shoot her. I might just shoot at her...watch her dance a little. Ha Haaaaaa, totally kidding, Ha Haaaaaaa, I think. ;)
I'm not too skilled on knowing how to reprimand the kid for basically annoying the crap out of everyone around. Because that about sums up how she is this week...just annoying. There isn't one certain thing she is doing, but she makes everyone around her say, "Emmmmmaaaaaaa" in the rolling eyes/whining sort of way all day long. However, she was indeed the perpetrator who cut the camera cord, and she calmly admitted in when I asked her the next morning...in a sort of "yeah, I cut your cord. Can you believe how strong I am and how big my muscles are for cutting through wires!" sort of way.While Nathan was getting measured for his SMOs (orthotics) yesterday, an older woman walked in and the girls didn't pay much attention to her...that is, until she started talking in a very deep raspy "I've been smoking since I was 3" kind of voice. That was when Emma, who is utterly incapable of having an indoor voice, asked the million dollar question to the entire building: "Is that a woman or a man?"

God love the little mess...she's the most hilarious and cute thing around most of the time. But then there are times like this week when all I can say is, "You better be glad I love ya, ya little turd nugget."(Pictures courtesy of Sis. Danette, who just knew that I would LOVE seeing pics from their fun adventure on Monday. Thanks again!!)

9 comments:

Jenny Hobbs said...

It probably sounds crazy, but I miss you guys! I wish we had more time to hang out! Please tell me you're coming to Kentucky this summer so we can try to meet up!
Jenny

StephthefutrRxDr on March 18, 2009 at 2:20 PM said...

Aww r those little gals getting tans? I'm so jealous of that FL weather.

AmyG on March 18, 2009 at 3:13 PM said...

Great pictures! Looks like they had fun.

Livie has been a handful this week, as well. Maybe it's the age? We were in the store today & the cashier was talking all sweet to her & Livie had her arms crossed & her nose scrunched up, with the meanest look on her face. I wanted to die, lol.

Tara on March 18, 2009 at 4:08 PM said...

You got yourself 2 little farm girls it looks like! Cute pictures, looks like they had fun! And I can so see Emma, asking that question!

Gin on March 18, 2009 at 4:44 PM said...

Sounds like Emma and Kendall are two peas in a pod! hee hee Kendall loves to loudly say "look at her hair" or something similar as we pass by ladies in the grocery store. The fun never ends with my 3 yr old either.

bethany said...

hahah emma is hilarious!

Amanda on March 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM said...

Amber I always say the terrible two's and the gruesome three's ;)

Rodney Chandler on March 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM said...

...Hmmm. Picture of the girls behind the chicken wire may provide a good answer to those puzzling intermediate disciplinary issues! hehe.

Anonymous said...

LOL at the woman/man query... Simply priceless!
Dad

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez