Friday, March 6, 2009

The possible answer to THIS week's sleepless nights


Nathan woke up at midnight last night crying, and I cringed when I walked into his room and heard the distinct "barking" cry that made me realize that a trip to the pediatrician the next morning was in order. That "bark" took me back to my childhood when my parents would sit in a steamy bathroom with my little brother until he could breathe easier. I picked up my little fella and instantly tried to soothe him so that he wouldn't get more upset and cause his breathing to be more labored. That crazy breathing won him a night between mom and dad...a very sleepless night where I laid awake quite a bit and listened to many of his raspy breaths.
Jay took him to the doctor this morning (I had an eye appt.), and sure enough, the poor kiddo has croup and an ear infection. Once again, I am amazed at how fast he went downhill. He was a little "off" yesterday and a bit cranky but was still walking around like he owned the place and generally okay, and he is one sick kiddo today who is constantly moaning and crying out. He came home from the ped with an antibiotic, a steroid, and his very own cute little panda bear nebulizer.Abby and I went on a date to the eye doc, where I was instructed that no, the world did not gradually become blurry over the past 6 months, and yes, you do need to get your eyes checked more often. I was also made aware that my mother gave me her bad-eye genes, and I now am the proud owner of the label of astigmatism. Thanks mom. I received a prescription increase for both eyes, and Abby had the fun act of picking my new frames out for me...so if I look silly, throw the bad tomatoes at her. She decided to go with the dark frames again. And even though I totally know that she will make fun of this dark-frame trend when she gets older and looks at pictures from these days, I secretly love that darker frames take away from the fact that my eyes are entirely too squinty and not at all even close to being parallel with eachother. Hopefully I will be able to see once again in about a week with the new spects.
Okay, here's hoping that the meds make the little guy feel better really soon, and that his breathing doesn't get any worst. Thankfully, he is breathing quite a bit easier after his first breathing treatment...thank God for nebulizers!

9 comments:

Christine on March 6, 2009 at 9:26 PM said...

poor nate!! i hope that the meds work fast and he is feeling better in no time!!!! HUGS!

Jill on March 7, 2009 at 9:21 AM said...

Praying for peace and rest, and a good meeting with the mito doc.

Anonymous said...

We will keep Nate in our prayers. We are in the same boat over here, bronchitus, croop, steroids, antibiotics - same thing took us to the dr. last Sunday with Matty. If you need me to help with the girls holler. We would love to have them come play.

Love Ya,
Beth, Brian and Matthew

Bekah on March 7, 2009 at 7:31 PM said...

Poor little guy and his poor sleepy parents! I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Lisa on March 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM said...

Poor baby boy. Hope he feels better soon and momma gets some rest.

Lisa Q

~sydney~ on March 9, 2009 at 8:54 AM said...

Hope he feels better soon!

Michelle Garvin said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry you have quite the sick little man on your hands. Praying the breathing treatments work, his ears clear up and he bounces back quickly! Oh, and SLEEP for you!!!

Lil. Bit on March 9, 2009 at 4:55 PM said...

Poor Little Man! :( I hope he feels better soon!

AmyG on March 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM said...

Poor little guy! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez