Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Things I learned this weekend


~Thanks to a new fascination from the littlest Ferrell with dropping things in the garbage, I know where to look for the lost trinkets, remotes, brushes and whatnots that drive me absolutely bonkers walking around the house trying to find. Oh, and if his left shoe smells like coffee grounds and raw eggs, you'll know why.~Little Dude responds amazingly well to albuterol treatments. Not only does it help his breathing, but it increases his energy level quite a bit, and he seems to feel so good after a breathing treatment.~Having a quiet house for a couple of days (Jay took the girls fishing in Macclenny last weekend) does WONDERS for your sanity. Seriously...WONDERS!! I feel like a new mama with more patience and understanding for my children's childish antics.~I may be one of the few people around that absolutely love daylight savings time. Or maybe the warm sunny days have gotten to my head.

~While running the other evening, I realized that I have quite a bit more jiggle in my giddy-up than there was when I stopped running in the fall. I blame my sudden love of anything chocolate. Seriously, where have you been my entire life, Lindor Truffles? (Pardon my while I take a moment to wipe the drool off the keys.)

It truly was a good relaxing weekend, and Nathan is feeling so much better. His breathing is great, his cough sounds much better, and his energy level is back to what it usually is. Now, let's see if we can keep the little dude well for an extended period of time.

From what I've heard, the girls LOVED the fishing trip, and Jay enjoyed helping catch fish on Emma's pink Dora fishing pole. Emma enjoyed touching every fish she caught, and I am trying to not think about all the picture opportunities I missed by not being there. Seriously, I would have loved to have gotten a pic of Abby sitting barefoot on the bank watching her cork bob up and down. Maybe in black and white. Yeah. I can totally see it.

Nafey boy had PT again this morning. I went in hoping that we could get away with him not having to have orthotics...I mean, his walking is so much better than it was 6 weeks ago. Sure, his ankles do still give out from time to time, and he does fall all of the time, but I thought I was just making too much out of all of it in my mind. But after today we realized that yes, he does indeed fall too often, especially for how long he has been walking. And his therapist is really worried about his wrists since he catches himself on those every time he falls. She is getting a prescription for him to be fitted for some orthotics for his feet...I believe he is getting SMOs, if I heard right. He will be fitted, and we should receive them in a few weeks. Hopefully these will help him as he is walking around and playing a lot.

Other than that, we are trying to get our early steps program to pay for him to have OT done at our therapy place here. There are a few things that he needs a little help on with fine motors, and we are realizing that his vestibular system seems to be a bit off...which would be the reason why he has always hated swinging. Other than all of that, it was great to see our therapy gals today. They have been one of the biggest blessings to us over the past year, and we are so thankful for their help and care for Nathan.

5 comments:

~sydney~ on March 10, 2009 at 12:43 PM said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I always enjoy reading your posts!

Tara on March 10, 2009 at 3:19 PM said...

I absolutely love the last picture of Nathan, it is sooo cute! Glad he is feeling better and so glad you had a weekend off. The girls told us all about fishing at church on Sunday, they seemed to have enjoyed it!

Michelle Garvin said...

That last pic of Nathan is precious! Avery got her SMO's in January and they made a world of difference and you can barely see them once in her shoes...seems petty, but I know you know where I'm coming from :) Hope you can get the early steps to help you out!

Jill on March 10, 2009 at 6:00 PM said...

I'll be seeing the Orthotist myself this week for a new AFO. As an adult, I resisted getting my brace, but now I am WAY more comfortable walking with it than without. I hope he will adjust as well!

As to the fishing, I'm glad to know Jay wasn't on his own... Elizabeth is a handful to keep the hook baited ,the fish photographed and tossed back in. Two little girls would have been a handful on one's own!! :-) Sounds as if a good time was had by all!

Anonymous said...

I have one complaint about this blog: Do ya'll get to wear shorts and t-shirts year round?!! :)

2 days this week it was warm here but now we are mid-40s again. Our weather is such a tease!

I do love your blog and all the pics!

Kim and Asa

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez