Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Have I mentioned that I love living in Florida?


Abby has been nagging me to cut her hair lately, and I have been pretending not to hear the incessant nags. Hmmmm, now I wonder where my kiddos get the "not listening" gene from??? And yes, I did end that with a preposition. I'm tired of all these stinkin' grammar rules. This is the 20th-something century people...grammar obviously does not exist anymore. It was wiped out with global cooling and all that jazz.

So anyhow, she's a nag just like her mama...God love her. And it's just hair. Nevermind the fact that I simply love her long stringy blonde hair because it is ever so easy to just throw into a pony tail that will start to fall out 3 minutes later because she inherited some thin stringy can'tdoanythingwithit hair..."okay hun, let's cut it".
Emma's eval for speech therapy was yesterday morning...While I was dressing her rather hurridley, she realized something was up, so I explained the plan. "But why I go peech tewpy?" she asked. "Oh hun, no reason. No reason at all."
In the end, she absolutely soaked up the one-on-one attention. With each flashcard, she gave additional commentary, like..."Dat's a monkey. My sista's a monkey sometimes cause she climb da twee an we call her a monkey." There were several times where the therapist just laughed and shook her head. She's a mess, that Emma. We are working on blending sounds with Em because she really does have a hard time with blending...hence the reason she is sometimes referred to as "mush mouth". The therapist gave me some tips and worksheets on working with "s" blends right now, and we will add others when we go back. Miss Emma loves it and really does try hard to say the words right.
We got the slip-n-slide out for the first time today. This is something the kids get in their Easter baskets every year, and it gets almost daily use. Even Nathan, who obviously isn't afraid of anything that has to do with water, absolutely loved it. The great thing is that it does wonders to keep his temperature down as well. Nathan has a really hard time regulating his temp each day..especially when he is outside. We played outside for a while before I got this out, and his cheeks started to get flushed. A quick check of his temp revealed a fever of 100.9. I went to get his cooling vest but remembered the slip-n-slide and thought it would work to bring his temp down even better. Sure enough, and hour later, his temp was just 100.0.
These are fun days around here.

9 comments:

Kim and Asa on April 21, 2009 at 11:02 PM said...

I LOVE the new haircut. She looks very growny though!

And you can quit rubbing all the nice, warm FL weather in my face! It was 64 today and 54 while I froze my tooshie off at the ballfield tonight! And we are in TN, it is still the south! Come on summer!!! :)

Lisa on April 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM said...

The new haircut is adorable!

I do not want to talk about being in the water. Here in Ga. we have one day of really warm weather, then it decides, hey, why not throw a little more cold in too! I want warm, only warm.

Lisa Q

Anonymous said...

Abby's hair looks adorable! Great job Mom! I can't wait until after dance recital. Then Laura will get hers chopped...Linda

Tara on April 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

Jolee said... Dat's cute, now we match hair. Translation...Abby's haircutt is cute and now Jolee and Abby have the same haircut and she loves that! The slip-n-slide looks fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh My My...she looks so grown...Love it!
Nina

Anonymous said...

I love the hair cut. The water looks like fun!!

Love Ya,
Beth

Christine on April 22, 2009 at 9:02 PM said...

I love the new haircut!!!! My Abby would be so jealous to see the slip n slide out too!!

Michelle Garvin said...

Her haircut is adorable!! Great job! Could you come up and do something with Avery's mess of hair?!?! I love the slip and slide pics too!

leigh on April 27, 2009 at 5:50 PM said...

Your photos, as usual, are overwhelmingly beautiful...or maybe it's the subject matter. Either way, you inspire me to dig out my owners manual and get clicking.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez