Thursday, April 30, 2009

My first-born


Does anyone else think that she just seemed to grow up over night? I mean really??? When I first viewed these shots on the computer, they literally took my breath away. And then made me sad...because I realized for the first time that there is no "babyness" at all left to this girl.
5 year olds are so much fun. She's sweet and loving and funny. She is literally a lot of fun to be around. She's inquisitive and asks a lot of very hard questions about life. She loves to learn, loves to laugh, and loves to pretend that she is Emma and Nate's mother...to a fault a lot of the time.
We call her "our little monkey" and if you saw the calluses on her hands, you would know why. The kid loves to climb anything and everything. She does pull-ups on the mantel in the living room and still climbs all of the door facings in the house. She hangs by one arm on the monkey bars and tries to climb any tree she thinks she can conquer.
I just love that little goober.

14 comments:

Michelle Garvin said...

Oh my!! She has changed so much just in the time that I saw her on our visit down there!!! She looks so grown up!! Those pics are great!! 50mm?

mollie on April 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM said...

Gosh, Amber, I know how you feel! How can I have a boy who is almost 6???
The time is zooming by and I feel like I should still be reading baby books to him...
She is a Beautiful girl! Great shots.

Christine on April 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

she looks 8 or so in that last picture ~ goodness!!! where does it go???

Rodney Chandler on April 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM said...

She was NOT that old when she left GA on Sunday! My goodness, what a doll.

Jill on April 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM said...

Stop it! Keep your people little!

AmyG on April 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM said...

Holy Cow! She has changed a lot & looks quite a few years older than 5. She's absolutely beautiful!

Amanda on April 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM said...

Wow! She is a beauty. Can't believe she is so old. I love her hair by the way and you have a talent for the hair cutting thing! Still painting her toes red?!?!

Anonymous said...

Yes I can believe she is 5...wait until they turn 15...and 11. It makes me so sad too! They are some of the sweetest kiddos on Earth I tell ya!
Love,
Nina

~sydney~ on May 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM said...

Awww! I CANNOT believe how grown up she is! Although she's a monkey, she seems so mature (reminds me of well...me! haha I was ALWAYS the "mom" and act that way still!) I absolutely LOVE the pictures, especially her new "do". Kiss her for me, while she will still let you!

Dani on May 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM said...

If it makes you feel better she looks at least 7 or 8 - not five. Especially with the new dashing haircut.

Anonymous said...

I think it's her eyes that reflect the change you noted. It's like she "knows" now. ;) She's growing wise. Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Oops...forgot to sign it...

Love,
Pawpaw :)

Wanda on May 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM said...

Abby,
I love the pictures! Three more days to work!
Wandy

leigh on May 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM said...

Oh, Amber, she's just beautiful!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez