Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Communication break-down


Emma loves to talk about body parts that should not be talked about. Part of me thinks that she only does it to get a pretty big reaction from us...poor middle child syndrome. So when she showed me a stuffed puppy that she found under her bed the other day and informed me that she had named it "Booty", I bit my tongue and nodded and hoped that my nonchalantness would cause her "body part" talk to cease soon. She renames those stuffed animals every other day anyway, so this too shall pass, right?Fast-forward a few days to today, and she is still calling that dang puppy "Booty". I'd had had it and confronted her about it...

Me: Emma, You need to rename that puppy. It's not nice to talk about booties.
Emma: But whhhhhhyyyyyy?
Me: Because. We do NOT name things after body parts. Not even your booty.
Emma: Oh. (looking a bit perplexed) But her name is 'Booty'...like Sleeping Booty.
Me: Ohhhhhhh, you mean Beauty?
Emma: Yeah. Booty.(And yes, that would be a band-aid on her nose holes...and I have no explanation other than "It's Emma. What do you expect?")

14 comments:

StephthefutrRxDr on May 6, 2009 at 10:36 PM said...

That is utterly hilarious!! LOL

Jenny said...

Too funny! And I love the bandaid!

Jennifer on May 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM said...

the Band-aid is there so she don't stick anything else up her nose:))

Dana on May 7, 2009 at 8:12 AM said...

That is too cute! Ni Hao Kailan calls dandilions "poofy heads." Allie picks them in our yard and calls them "poopy heads." What do you do?
Love ya,
Dana

His Mercy Endureth Forever on May 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM said...

I agree with Jennifer. The bandaid is a way of restraining the temptation to put something up her nose! She's tryin to be good, Momma!

Jill on May 7, 2009 at 8:51 AM said...

Beauty and the beast?! :)

Dana on May 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM said...

Ok, that made me laugh out loud. :)

Gotta love her!!

Kayla on May 7, 2009 at 12:34 PM said...

Very funny.

~sydney~ on May 7, 2009 at 1:13 PM said...

What. A. Cutie. Aubrey needs to teach her some things :) She def has MCS I love making fun of aubrey! It drives her nuts. Emma keeps me laughing every time you post!

Bekah on May 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM said...

That's one of the best stories I've heard in a long time! That girl is a crack up. Thanks for the pick-me-up...perfect timing!

Michelle Garvin said...

The bandaid pic is priceless! She definitely keeps you entertained!

Tara on May 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM said...

Hysterical! And the band-aid picture, is so Emma! Hope ya'll are having a great week!

Kathy U on May 7, 2009 at 8:44 PM said...

There is no doubt that you and Jay can REMOVE to TV from your home. You surely do not need it for entertainment.
Love ya Sis Kathy

TracyVDM on May 9, 2009 at 7:05 PM said...

I absolutely LOVE her! That bandaid picture is the best!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez