Monday, May 4, 2009

I expect to get a call from Dawn tomorrow


Little dude and oral steroids do not mix! Well, behavior-wise, that is. He was horrible for the first 3 days on that mess...the bare circle of scalp that used to house some of Emma's hair will attest to that statement. Turns out that if Nathan is consuming roids and wants to sit on the bean bag that you call your own, it might be best to just let him have at it. Oh and emotional...good griefers, it was like having a pubescent girl trapped in a 14 month old's body. Not fun times, no sir-ee Bob. And even though we are very thankful that he took the last of the oral steroids tonight, we are even more thankful that he did actually take them. I haven't seen him breathe this easily in, gosh, I dunno when. His wheezing was amazingly absent after the second day of the meds, and his retractions and respiratory rate have improved dramatically over the past couple of days. He will probably always retract when he breathes, but they at least look a LOT less intense now. Poor little fella was really struggling more than we thought. Now he will be on a daily inhaled steroid to hopefully keep the inflammation at bay. When I have kids, I will never...well, dress my boy in fru-fru outfits, of course! I want my little boy to look like a little man. And he does...a lot of the time, but I have to really learn to stop saying the "I will never" thingamabob. It's purely a set-up for looking like an idiot.

So yes, we received this stinkin' adorable outfit as a hand-me-down, and amidst "manly"comments from his daddy, I just had to let him wear it. I mean, look how adorable my sweet little baby boy is in his little fru-fru outfit. God love him. He even wore his hand-me-down "clown shoes" (that's what Abby calls them) to complete the whole ensemble. And I now need to apologize to you, Dawn, for poking fun of these outifts you love so much. Cause yeah...they're pretty darn cute.
On a separate note, we received word that Hailey's (my niece) open-heart surgery is set to be performed on May 27th. Please keep the sweet darling in your prayers.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, I absolutely love these outfits and if I had a boy that is exactly what he would wear. He would also do ballet since that is the only sport the McCook house hold knows:) (See why the Lord gave me girls!!!) Nathan is adorable no matter what he wears.
Love, Amanda

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I know what you mean about the steriods. My grandson has been on them 2 different times and emotional... oh my goodness. He also ate them out of house & home and was so hyper. They do certainly help, but you are always glad when they finish them. Love your stories.
Sara Stroud

Jenny said...

I love the outfit, too! There was a very small window that Ernie would let me put Michael in outfits like that before he banned them forever. :-) Enjoy while you can!

Jenny

AmyG on May 5, 2009 at 2:02 PM said...

I think he's adorable in his little "fru fru" outfit!

I'm glad the steroids worked, but sorry you had to deal with the side effects. Hope they can figure out a way for him to take it, without the side effects

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see Matthew wear this outfit. Brian would never let Matthew wear it. Nathan is so cute!!!

Love Ya,
Beth

Anonymous said...

I had a brain lapse Amber, Sorry for calling Nathan, Matthew. Matthew sits in my lap as I look at your blog every day. He has learned everyones names. He loves saying Abby.

Jill on May 5, 2009 at 10:40 PM said...

Clown shoes be good for walking! Poor daddies! Why do they get so nervous about their baby boys clothes not being studly enough?!

Lisa on May 6, 2009 at 12:27 AM said...

I put our son in those frufru outfits also. Couldn't resist, he was adorable as is Nathan. Dad wasn't excited. Jeans ruled the day most of the time.
Glad Nathan is feeling better. Poor Emma though.

Lisa Q

The Gustafson Family on May 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM said...

I just found your blog via Fight4Owen and I just wanted to tell you that while I don't know much about your son's disease, I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Our 11 month-old so was recently diagnosed with SMA and we have been trying to connect with other families who are going through similar issues as we have. Feel free to check out our blog if you want to: www.familywithgusto.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a sweet & pretty little girl, you have there. Put that boy's cowboy boots back on him and let his daddy take him out to shoot some skeet! lol
Love,
Pawpaw :)

amber on May 7, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

HAHAHA...Jay's sentiments EXACTLY! :-)

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez