Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lil' Miss Hailey


Miss Hailey Marie Gowens (my precious little niece and Nathan's future partner in crime...you know how those cousins are) will be undergoing heart surgery tomorrow morning to repair her VSD. I ask that you please remember her in prayer tomorrow. Pray for the surgeon to have steady hands and for little Hailey's body to respond well to the difficult surgery. Also, keep Ashley (my sis and Hailey's mom) and John (future brother-in-law) and all who will help care for Hailey in your prayers as they embark on a lengthy hospital stay.Nathan is still having a hard time bouncing back from the busy weekend. He is floppy and fussy and very unsteady when he walks. His stomach also seems to be having a hard time keeping up and is causing him to have some pretty rough GI problems. For the most part, he is just really "off" and we can not figure out what is going on with him. Our pediatrician ordered labs this morning to make sure he didn't need to be admitted for some fluids, and his blood work came back okay. So we are doing our part to help hydrate him enough to flush his system and just keeping a close eye on him. He is still sleeping a lot but is definitely sleeping less than yesterday's 20 hours! Obviously, his body is just overly exhausted and he is having a hard time getting back to his baseline.

This morning was his 15 month well check. 15 months!! Wow, when did the kid grow up on me? He's a whopping 20lbs 11oz (~5%) and 31 inches long (~45%). Despite him going through some kind of funk right now, he looks good. He is now signing "more" and "thank you" and saying a few words from time to time. Stinker still isn't saying mama or dada, but he loves to say bye-bye and apple and ball and uh-oh, along with a couple of others that I know I have heard him say at least a few times. He's growing up, my little dude.My best friend here in town called the exact moment I was loading all the kids up to head to the hospital to get Nathan's labs done and insisted that I bring the girls over to her house so I wouldn't have to lug them around for everything. I found out that she reads this blog now (Hi Rachel!) which I find hilarious because she is usually the first I tell all these crazy kid-raising stories to before I even have the chance to blog about them.

Everyone down here in the deep south will tell you that if you don't have a pool, you need to become best friends with someone who does. Rachel is my "friend with a pool". We met at the story time at the library when our oldest kiddos were about 9 months old and have been fairly inseperable since those crazy days when we had one chillen and knew everything there was to know about being a parent. In a sense, we have grown up together over the past 5 years. And our kids have all grown up together also. Emma and Rachel's 3 year old son are seriously like brother and sister and fight like the best of siblings. Abby and Rachel's oldest girl (also 5) are the bestest of friends. And we are really excited about the new addition of a baby girl to that precious family in August.

I tell you all of that to publicly thank this amazing friend I have for all that she has done for our family over the past year and a half. She is the one who works behind the scenes to help our family out in so many ways. She has kept the girls for me during Nate's doctor appts way more than I can count, and she is always there for moral support and for being a sounding board to me. We have laughed together and cried together through the many struggles our families have encountered through the past few years. Essentially, she has been like a true sister to me when our family is so far away. And I am so incredibly thankful for the blessing her family has been to us. I love ya, Rachel! Thanks for all you do.

Again, please remember Hailey in your prayers tomorrow. I'll update tomorrow when I hear more.

4 comments:

wandaconner on May 26, 2009 at 5:55 PM said...

Your family here and in Kentucky are in our prayers!

Amanda on May 26, 2009 at 8:18 PM said...

Praying for Hailey, praying for Nathan, praying for you.

Michelle Garvin said...

Praying Nathan bounces back soon and for little Hailey tomorrow.

Dana on May 27, 2009 at 1:24 PM said...

I will absolutely pray for Hailey, and little Nathan. I also thank God for Rachel on your behalf and am so thankful that true friends are there to pull through for you when you need them the most!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez