Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The noggin generation...and a brag on the hubsters


The girls and I were reading about the Tower of Babel this morning, and I was trying to explain to them the concept of the people speaking different languages all of a sudden and how frustrating that would have been...

Me: Think of it this way...If I just all of a sudden started speaking to you in Spanish and you didn't understand anything I was telling you, what would you do?
Abby: I would have to watch a LOT of Dora shows so I could understand you again.
I must brag on my dear hubby a little bit today. We received word yesterday that Jay received his tenure promotion. He went up for tenure a year earlier than usual, and since he had a pretty loaded packet, he passed through the University's screening system with ease. We are indeed very thankful for the job that Jay has...not only does he do a great job, but he loves it. He works hard at his job, but he also makes a special point to spend as much time with his family as he can, and as his wife, I am especially thankful for this desire in him. He's a wonderful man...and I love him dearly and am so thankful for him.

7 comments:

Ceridwen on May 19, 2009 at 1:58 PM said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Abby.

Love Ya,
Beth

Tara on May 20, 2009 at 9:55 AM said...

Gotta love Dora! Way to go Jay!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my hubby...way to go Bro Jay...You da man!
Nina

Emily on May 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM said...

Amber, that Abby pic is breathtaking! You've still got it in ya!

Jill on May 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM said...

woo Hoo!

Katie on May 21, 2009 at 2:11 PM said...

LOL! Shaun and I had a good laugh over Abby's quotable. Too funny.

Congrats, JAY!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez