Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wrinkles between my eyebrows (aka: Emma's gift to her mother)


The kids and I were grocery shopping the other day and Nate dropped his paci in the cart. As I was trying to retrieve the germ-ridden mouth appendage from the bottom of the cart, Emma piped up with...

"Mom, I wouldn't look in here if I were you." When I obviously asked her "Why?", she said, "Because I took my shoes off and you are not going to like that."And that's how Emma rolls...if no one sees what she is doing, it isn't wrong...right?

Nate had another neurology appointment today, and it went very well. I really do enjoy talking with our neurologist when the students are out of school (meaning, he doesn't have med students following him around during all the appts). It just makes for a lighter and more relaxed appt. Plus, he is a really interesting doc, and I love hearing him chit-chat about the pediatric medical world. I am thankful for the relationship we have had with this wonderful doctor for over a year now.Anyway, he said that Nathan looked better today than he has ever seen him...and he was right! Nathan is having an awesome week. The month of April was a rough one for him on so many levels, and looking back, I think that his breathing problems were the root of everything. Once we got a control on his asthma, he started sleeping through the night consistently for the first time ever. With that, his energy levels are so much better than they have been in a long time, and his strength is coming back, and because he isn't having to work so hard to breathe all the time, he has gained almost a pound in the past couple of weeks. It's seriously like having a new kiddo around here. And its a wonderful sight to see...even if we have to lock all the doors in the house from now on...

6 comments:

Christine on May 14, 2009 at 9:37 PM said...

who is that little blondie reaching for that door handle!!??! he has gotten so big! I am glad that you have seen such a huge improvement with the asthma meds! I love that b&w of Emma. I hope that is in a frame somewhere in that house!!!

Jill on May 14, 2009 at 10:28 PM said...

Yeah for the happy report on Nathan!

~sydney~ on May 15, 2009 at 12:47 PM said...

So glad for the wonderful report on Nate! And Emma, Emma...too funny!

Lisa on May 15, 2009 at 12:49 PM said...

That last picture could be our son 11 yrs. ago. In fact, he had an outfit just like that and was ALWAYS trying to open the doors!
Glad you got a good report from the Dr. And Emma sounds like a hoot.

Lisa Q

Amanda on May 16, 2009 at 5:22 PM said...

Oh how cute is Emma! Its' that middle child I tell ya:)

My name is Cait on May 19, 2009 at 1:20 AM said...

Emma is my style. Love it!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez