Monday, June 8, 2009

Good Mornin' Pinky!


Things I have done so far this morning...

~Cleaned up 4 spills
~Administered 7 different meds...only 1 of them to Emma and her new found friend, Pink Eye.
~Broken up 2 fights between Emma and Nate...of which both were started by the little dude. Toddlerhood has started.
~Wiped 2 noses.
~Wiped 2 bodunkadunks.
~Rescued Nate from the bathroom sink x 3.
~Rescued Nate from the kitchen table x 1.
~Rescued Nate from the playroom table x 2.
~Marveled at how my little hypotonic kiddo is now climbing on everything in sight.
~Retrieved a Sharpie from Emma's hand.
~Retrieved a bottle of floor cleaner from Nathan's mouth.
~Pulled a wad of packing tape out of Nathan's hair.
~Scolded Emma for trying to tape Nate's hair down to his head.~Comforted the girls who knocked noggins while they were wrestling on the bed.
~Laughed at Nate's loud old man toots.
~Chose not to look at the playroom the kids were systematically destroying while I was cleaning the kitchen.
~Ate steamed potatoes, fresh tomatoes, and Gushers fruit snacks for breakfast.
~Instructed the wee one to not scream every 4 minutes for no reason.
~Failed at that instruction.~Killed 3 mosquitos in the house.
~Showed the rest of the squito-clan my mad kung-fu skills and dared them to make another entrance.
~Called a friend to ask how long little boys keep a continuous grasp on their "manlihood" each time they are naked. Portrayed somewhat troubling story about the little dude almost falling while walking because he wouldn't let go of it to catch his balance. Friend said its normal...I'm still not convinced.
~Cursed myself for not checking on the kids sooner when I heard water splashing on the floor in the playroom.
~Lost my cool for a bit when I found the girls giving Nathan cups of water to pour all over himself and the floor.
~There was an old woman who lived in a shoe...

All of this before 10:30. Just a regular Monday.

T-minus 7 days until we leave for Marco Island. Calgon, take me away...

In an effort to try to keep screaming from being the kiddo's main form of communication, we have had a blast trying to teach him more and more signs each week. I taught him the wrong sign for "all done", but it works alright anyway.

And for a kid who doesn't really say too much, he sure is expressive with tones in his grunts and babbles. He came up to me a few minutes ago and with a series of grunts and hand motions, he informed me that he needed to go pee-pee. At first I thought he was just playing around and wanted to sit on the pot for fun...until I heard that all too familiar tinkle in the water and had to pull my chin up off the ground. The little dude told me he had to go to the bathroom...and he went!

The girls and I performed one crazy potty dance afterwards and awarded Nate with an entire pack of Gushers. I am in no way, shape or form ready to start potty training a 15 month old boy, but I am one happy mama for my little guy right now.

11 comments:

~sydney~ on June 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM said...

This is just about the FUNNIEST thing I have ever read!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Nathan! Way to go Amber! Hope when the time comes to potty train, it will go that easy!

Sis. Kimberly

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious...its so funny to see you write these things because we are going through the same, including the infatuation with his "man parts." We are so excited to see you when we come down to Fl. I'm curious to see the boys play.

Pam Roberts

Tara on June 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM said...

First off, WoW! What a busy morning you had. Second, Emma looks pittiful and Third, way to go Nate on the sign language!

Kim on June 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM said...

I so needed to read this tonight after one really hard day, it is so comforting to know I am not in the depths of motherhood alone!

As far as "boy parts" go, mine has his hand down his shorts ALL THE TIME. I've stopped trying to calling him out, I would get nothing else done. And seeing the way his dad is only a tad sneakier at the same thing, I think it is useless cause anyhow...I don't think they ever out grow it!

High five to Nate for pee pee in the potty! That is crazy!

Jill on June 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM said...

Hysterical answer to "What did you do today?"!

Michelle on June 9, 2009 at 11:44 PM said...

"Called a friend to ask how long little boys keep a continuous grasp on their "manlihood" each time they are naked."

Oh my gosh I'm so glad Lucas is not the only one who will NOT leave it alone! He gets MAD when I'm putting the diaper on because he doesn't have access anymore! and the climbing! It's driving me crazy!

Michelle Garvin said...

Wow! That little man is strong when he wants to be isn't he?!?! Avery still uses her signs every now and then. WTG Nathan! He is such a cutie doing his signs!

Katie on June 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM said...

HA! Sounds like we've lived the same week?! And I thought I was alone. Right down to the boy parts, we have...

Heidi on June 15, 2009 at 4:01 AM said...

WOW, that kiddo is STRONG! Believe me, coming from a mom with two kids with Hypotonia, Jack cant even climb like this and he's 6! Crazy.

I loved watching Nate sign. We taught a lot of signs to Jack starting at age 1. It was a lot of fun and he really picked them up quick. Watching Nate took me back a few years, so sweet.

Dani on June 20, 2009 at 12:33 AM said...

Wow, it wasnt till just now that I realized how much he has grown.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez