Thursday, June 18, 2009

My feet are still pruny


We entered back into our neighborhood by early afternoon today, still heavy hearted as we left our beloved Marco Island behind. But even though we were sad to leave our favorite little beach town, it was indeed time to go. Nathan woke up with a metabolic fever this morning and an attitude that gave the crabs a run for their money, and when he fell for the humpteenth time and woke everyone up on the 10th floor with his screeches, we knew that we needed to head back north toward home. With a day of rest in the van and at home, the little dude was doing a lot better by bedtime, and his temp was finally starting to trend downward.

This was our 4th year being able to be go to Marco Island, and as I was editing this year's photos tonight, I realized that there was somewhat of a theme among the photos from these memorable trips each summer (click on the pics to see them bigger):It was a wonderful week, and as soon as we finish unpacking half of the sand from that portion of the beach from our suitcases, we will indeed be ready to tackle the everyday tasks of our lives. First though...I am going to bed to sleep on my pillow and pray that the kids sleep all night tonight. I'm pooped! More pics tomorrow...

7 comments:

Jennifer on June 19, 2009 at 12:10 AM said...

girl you have some of the most precious children and I'm not just saying that..Your oldest girl could model..she has that serious look to her that so many have but still looks incredibly cute....I just love those pictures..your very talented!!

Jill on June 19, 2009 at 9:32 AM said...

Your kids always dress SO nice for pics at the beach!

We're always sandy, and in Sam and Rodney's case, fishy, in our play clothes!

What a gorgeous family - and HOW they've grown!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Amber it is so hard to remember Emma with all of those curls! And Abby looked so little in 2007. It seems like just yesterday you guys started coming to our church with itty bitty Abby. We are so glad that you did! We love you and your family so much! So glad that you are back. See you Sunday, Amanda McCook

Anonymous said...

We are glad Nathan is doing better. I agree with Amanda it seems like yesterday Abby was so little.

Love You,

Beth, Brian and Matthew

Dani on June 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM said...

I really LOVE the comparison to a year and two years ago. I wish I could figure out how to do that for some of Britt's pictures.

Christine on June 20, 2009 at 7:24 AM said...

I love the comparison pictures....so cute! Glad you had a great trip!!

Katie on June 23, 2009 at 2:28 PM said...

This is so fun to see a comparison! You are one energetic woman- I don't think I would have the steam to take the time to do this! I love the pic of all three-the bird is perfectly placed, isn't he?

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez