Monday, June 1, 2009

A recap of all the goings-on


June? Seriously? Now, when did that happen? Okay, a recap on everything that has happened in the past few days...Hailey is doing very well. She had a little setback last week when she had too much air trapped around her lungs, so that earned her a chest tube and a few more days in l'hotel a la PICU. Thankfully, they were able to take her chest tube out today and are hoping that she will be well enough to go home sometime this week. She's a little trooper, I tell ya. I miss her like crazy!
Nathan is doing a LOT better than last week. We are pretty sure now that he went through some sort of energy crash, and it just took an entire week of 3 good naps a day for his body to rebound. By yesterday, he was back to his mischievous and ornery little self. Don't you see it in his eyes? This is his "up to no good" look:
As for the rest of us...well, we seem to be battling some nasty summer cold. Jay even came home early from work today, which never happens and means that he totally feels like really exhausted poo. Abby has run a pretty good-sized fever since Saturday and has explained that it feels like there is an extra heart beating in her head, bless her. I know the feeling, chic! I am finding the upside to having an incessant cough...my abs are getting the work-out of their life! I am pretty confident that I now have a wicked 6 pack under all this blubber.
All this down time for the kiddos (read that: absurd amounts of Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry...you know, the real educational television) gave me enough time to finally finish a new look for the blog. I'm still tweaking a little here and there and trying to figure out if it is just "too busy" or not. But it does have some neat little features now...like a search thingamabob where you can search for anything that has been written here, and a place where you can subscribe to the blog's feed. I hope to dive into some photography posts soon, as requested from some of you, so feel free to ask any questions at all and I'll try to answer them.

And so I leave with a cute series of pictures from a couple of weeks ago where Nathan found Emma asleep on her bean bag...
After realizing that she was indeed asleep, he went to her room and retrieved bear-bear for her. Melt my heart. I tell ya, that kid's so sweet when he wants to be.

14 comments:

Kayla on June 1, 2009 at 2:41 PM said...

That is absolutely too cute. I can't believe the little stinker that has been known to take bear-bear from her went to get it for her. How sweet. I hope Brenna will have a sibling that sweet someday. Hope you all feel better soon

Nicole, Drew, Jack, Megan, Sophie, and Lucy too on June 1, 2009 at 2:55 PM said...

Hey, I love the new look! I have been meaning to get to ours for sometime but just can't seem to find the time. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on the P2P site. I like how you now have a link to share Nathan's story. I need to do something like that as well. You have inspired me, maybe just maybe, I will have time to work on it when Lucy is in house in a few weeks. I love reading your posts! Thanks for sharing. Hope you all feel better soon!

Nicole
Mommy to Jack, Megan, Sophie, & Lucy too

K Mommy on June 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM said...

I love the new design! Your kiddos are just too cute!

wandaconner on June 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM said...

Nathan had that wonderful sparkle in his eyes yesterday . . . you can tell so much from his eyes.
My heart just melts when he tries to make conversation with me . . . it's like his eyes are talking!
Wandy

~sydney~ on June 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM said...

He is such a sweetie! She needed her bear-bear!

The blog looks absolutely amazing! Why can't I do cool stuff like that?!
The only thing I would add though...maybe jay? I mean, everyone got a little blurb and photo but poor, sick Jay! ha!

Amber on June 1, 2009 at 8:11 PM said...

I know Sydney...I was thinking that same thing, but I don't know how "up to it" he would be. :) Not sure if he wants people to know that he is affiliated with my craziness. LOL! I'll ask him in a little while. Thanks!

Christine on June 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM said...

what a sweet boy bringing her bear-bear. that brings tears to my eyes!

Barb on June 2, 2009 at 1:31 PM said...

This new layout is adorable! It really adds personality!...It's not too busy at all either. ;)

Also, love that your son brought over your daughter's bear...that's really touching. :)

Jenny Hobbs said...

I love the new blog look! With all your free time, want to do one for me? I, too, don't even know how to post pics on P2P. Pathetic, I know! I hope everyone is on the upswing there and feeling back to normal before you know it! Take care and we'll talk soon.

Jenny

Jill on June 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM said...

Brothers have their good moments!

Lynnette Kraft on June 2, 2009 at 10:59 PM said...

Amber,
I'm absolutely in love with your photography. Did you go to photography school or learn on your own? I am a photographer wanna be. :) Would love to find some way to learn through the internet - do you know of anything out there like that that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I'm looking forward to coming back - I'm extemely visual and beautiful blogs are my favorite. :)

Nice to meet you!
Lynnette

The Whitsitt Family on June 3, 2009 at 7:59 PM said...

The new design looks great! I'm glad I can finally add it to my google reader. I'm looking forward to the photography posts! Your kids are as beautiful as ever!

Amy

The Whitsitt Family on June 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM said...

I forgot to add I would love to know some of your favorite photoshop actions if you use them. Of your lenses is there one you use more often than others for portrait photography? I currently only have a 50mm and my kit lens. I'm shopping around for something new.

Amy

Anonymous said...

The sequence of Nate bringing BB to a sleeping Emma is priceless! It made me smile in my heart. :)
Love,
Dad

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez