Wednesday, July 1, 2009

9 years


My dear husband,

I remember when calling you "my husband" felt strange. I wanted to giggle like a little girl each time I said it...partially because it made me feel so old to be saying it, but mainly because I loved being able to refer to you as having such a unique title. Now, it is such an "old hat". We've been married so long that it is second nature to call you by such a title.

My husband. You know me...I'm more sentimental than good when it comes to days like these. During the days approaching our anniversary, I enjoy thinking back to the day that we took a vow before God to love one another all the days of our life. I remember your face...it was all I could see walking down that aisle. I see your smile in my head like it was just yesterday. I could see the love written all over your handsome face, and I tried to portray to you through my eyes how much I was truly thankful for you and how much I loved you as well. It was a fairy-tale day, in my book. And I have had many more fairy-tale days with you since then.My husband. I can honestly say that if I had a crystal ball 9 years ago that would tell me all of the trials that we have recently faced, I would still marry you. You are the one that God has placed in my life to have and to hold. Through sick and through health. Through good times and through bad. You are always there to hold me in your arms. To comfort me when I am sad. You are there.

My husband. Despite the rough times we have to endure together some days, happiness and laughter always seem to follow. God has blessed us both with a happy countenance after the sorrow, and I am so thankful for that. I am thankful that you are happy and loving and joyful. I love to laugh with you. I love to poke fun with each other. Thank you for not getting "bogged down" in the hardships of life, but rather thinking on the good that God has blessed us with through our days. If you weren't such a strong influence in our marriage, I don't know how I would make it some days. Thank you, sweetheart.
My husband. Thank you for being the most amazing father to our children. The fact that all three of them stop what they are doing and run to the door the minute I announce that you are home speaks volumes about the type of father you are to them. You love them and care for them and spend one on one time with each of them...they see that, and I see that. Thank you.

I love you, my darling. I thank God that He has blessed me with such a wonderful best friend to go through life's journey with...you are everything I dreamed of in a husband from the time I was a little girl. In my eyes, you are one of God's greatest gifts to me, and I still feel so unworthy for such a wonderful gift. I love you, my darling. Happy 9th Anniversary.

7 comments:

Mrs. Hinson on July 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with blessings from God!

AmyG on July 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

wandaconner on July 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM said...

Don't think I'll be able to do anything but cry after reading that . . . just kidding! I think be both have pretty good husbands and we both picked a good day to get married!
Wanda

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I hope you both have a wonderful day. Brian and I just celebrated 10 yrs. It seems like yesterday!!

Love Ya,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you!! What a wonderful blessing. Mark and I celebrate our 9th anniversary this August. It's amazing how time goes by so quickly! ~ Regina

The Whitsitt Family on July 1, 2009 at 11:59 PM said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a nice day. We celebrate 5 years tomorrow.

Amy

Heidi on July 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you both had a joyfull day together. He's certainly your soulmate Amber :) Jeff and I will celebrate our 16th on Sept 11th (OK, not such a great day to celebrate now) Heres to another wonderful year together!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez