Monday, July 27, 2009

A Georgia weekend


We ventured a little to the north for the weekend and spent a few days with some precious friends of our's. Jon and Amada Mizell hosted our family and the Michael and Dana Hataway family for the weekend, and we had more fun that can be put into words. All told, there were 7 kids hobbling around, with Abby being the oldest. 4 kids in diapers sure did make for one smelly changing area.
I kinda grew up around Amanda and Dana and remember running around and playing with them when we were younger. To see our kids now running around and playing while we sit in the kitchen and talk and drink coffee is pretty strange. Oh my, did we have fun this weekend! There was constant commotion with the kiddos as they systematically pulled out every toy in the house and ran around like hooligans. We just laughed at the chaos and enjoyed seeing them create bonds with eachother that will hopefully last a lifetime. The kids played really really well together. Abby spent a good part of the weekend at another house playing with a precious 6 year old girl who is the daughter of another dear friend from my childhood (hence no pictures of her), so we pretty much had the 3 and under crowd with us.
Jon and Amanda were wonderful hosts and fed us some incredible food, and the company with them and the Hataways was a blast. After the kids were in bed, we talked and laughed until our cheeks hurt. We stayed up into the wee hours of the morning and are still hurting because of it, but it was so worth it. We promised to continue this tradition and get together at least once a year from now on. I miss you guys...thanks for the fun weekend!!

There should be an entire blog post on "The many faces of Audrey". Oh, this girl reminds me so much of Emma at that age. Spunk and personality just pouring from her. She calls every motherly-looking person "Mama", and I couldn't help but melt when she would throw her arms up for me to hold her and just lay her head on my shoulder. Sweet, sweet little Allie...she has the cutest little smile and laugh, and she is just so precious. I could eat her up!Joshua...he is the happiest little guy (when he isn't itching from skeeter bites). I LOVES me some Joshua snuggles. He is teaching Nathan how to say "Dada". Seriously, don't you just want to snack on those thighs of his?
Little man James is a hoot! He cute little raspy voice melts my heart, and those dark eyes are gorgeous. I loved to run my fingers in his professor hair.
Of course I didn't get any of all of the kids together or hardly any of the adults. Oh well...there is always next year. :)

5 comments:

Jill on July 28, 2009 at 9:32 AM said...

Yeah for happy times!

Dana on July 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM said...

Amber,
We had such an awesome time too. I told Michael on Sunday afternoon I wanted to go back and do it all over again. Like you, I am still really tired, but such a good tired. Thank you for the lasting memories!
Love,
Dana

Amanda on July 28, 2009 at 6:07 PM said...

We had such a wonderful time and like Dana I'm ready to do it all over again! Y'all were the perfect guests to entertain because you were just like family. I loved it when Jay got up and went into the kitchen for a few minutes and came back with a bowl of ice cream! I'm still laughing at some of our moments together! Love y'all!

~sydney~ on July 28, 2009 at 9:37 PM said...

How fun!

The Gustafson Family on July 30, 2009 at 2:05 AM said...

Oh my goodness, what a bunch of adorable kiddos! You take absolutley stunning photos, by the way!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez