Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Who said working out was a good idea?


The girls were putting up their folded clothes the other day when I passed Abby in the kitchen as she was taking my undies to her room:

Me: Hey Abby, can you take my underwear back to my room?
Abby (looking down rather perplexed at the clothing in her hands): Oh! I thought they were my shirts.
(Insert Jay snickering in the background here.)So yes, I have now gotten the kick start I needed to start a new exercise regiment. My super energy-bunny oldest child bounces right along beside me during our hour-long work outs, and Emma...well, she says the workout is harrrrrdddddd and hurrrrrtttsss, so she sits on the bean bag and roots us on. Kind of. Mainly in a "Don't come over here. You are going to kick me" sort of whine. Love that kid. Some days.
We had a good time on the fourth of July. We mainly just hung around the house and went swimming at a friends' house. The kids played with some remarkably cheap and insanely dangerous sparklers...since when did sparklers have a stream of fire coming from their heads? The way the kids responded to the fire-breathing playthings represented their personalities regarding adventure-seeking rather well...Abby was hesitant and didn't really like them. Emma laughed her wicked laugh the entire time she saw fire. Nathan tried to eat them. Yep, about sums them all up.
On a completely different note, we have decided to take Nathan to the mitochondrial clinic in Houston, and his first appt is October 16th. We are really excited to get to know this mito doc a lot better and get the kind of care that Nathan truly needs. Nathan and I will be the only ones going to this first appt, but we will have appts every 6 months to a year and plan to drive over as a family one of these times so we can visit family and friends in the Austin and San Antonio areas. We love and miss this part of Texas and can't wait to get back for a visit!

4 comments:

Melody on July 9, 2009 at 12:16 AM said...

Oh, I hate those sparklers! We always get the kinds with the gray metal sticks and those are way better...for future reference!

I laughed so hard at the wicked laugh comment...too funny!

~sydney~ on July 9, 2009 at 10:10 AM said...

Hilarious! I love the word for word stories of those cute kids!

Jill on July 9, 2009 at 9:34 PM said...

I love your descriptions of your children - always reminding me to enjoy the craziness of each of mine!!

shalonda on July 10, 2009 at 8:51 PM said...

oh my gosh amber please please please i know yall will be here for more important reason in october but to finally meet in person would be fabulous....let me know if we could even just hang out for dinner...i mean dont you want to meet your old logo designer, heehee

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez