Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The first day


Emma stood at the chain-linked fence yesterday afternoon and shouted Abby's name as loud as she could the moment her big sister came into view. Abby just tucked her head down and smiled...not an embarrassed smile, but a proud one that her name was being called by her best friend in the world. I wonder when that will change. As soon as Abby received the "okay" to come to us, Emma zig-zagged between the legs of the other parents and gave her sister a huge tippy-toed hug.After we were home, we sat on the couch and I tried so desperately to get every ounce of information out of the girl. What did you do? With whom? How was everyone? What did you say? What did they say? But much to my chagrin, these questions were answered with many "I don't knows" and "I can't remembers", which was enough to make me want to use one of my three wishes to turn myself into a fly for a day just to see the whole shebang in action for myself.
For the first half of the day, Emma would routinely mope up to me with an "I miss Abby" or "When are we going to pick her up?". But after a couple of hours of getting to do what Emma wanted to do, she quickly changed her tone to "I love it when Abby is a kchool." We played tea party, danced like princesses around the livingroom, and read the books she wanted to read. And honestly, I had as much fun as she did...Emma and I have never had much one-on-one time. I think we are both going to like the change in our day after a while.
All in all, it was a great day. Abby had a great time and was quite a bit bummed that due to the kindergarten staggered-starting, she doesn't get to go back until Thursday. That was the only time all day I was afraid she was about to cry...when I told her she couldn't go back to school for 2 more days. For us, it has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster as we are sad that life seems to pass by at warp speed, nervous about what our children will encounter in this big wide world, happy that Abby is so excited about this next step in her life, and relieved that our Heavenly Father will watch over her at all times. This step definitely does enhance our prayer lives for our children, that's for sure.
**Emma's dresses in the two pictures above can be purchased over at Lillipops Designs.

4 comments:

skye on August 25, 2009 at 2:49 PM said...

I'm so glad she had a good first day. :) And enjoy your time with Emma & Nafey!

A Trailer Park Mom on August 25, 2009 at 4:38 PM said...

Reading this, I felt like I was reliving Emily's 1st day of kindie all over again. Emily gave the same responses, "I don't know" & "I can't remember". lol It didn't get any better, even into 1st Grade!

Olivia was very lonely w/out Emily, in the beginning, as well. She soon liked it when it was just us.

I hope the rest of the year goes great!

The Whitsitt Family on August 27, 2009 at 2:17 PM said...

The dresses are super cute! Love the action shot of Emma.

Amy

~sydney~ on September 2, 2009 at 3:32 PM said...

Lovin these action shots!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez