Friday, September 11, 2009

Milestones


Abby: Oh cool, I just made a BIG crap!!
Me: Whuuuuuuuutttt?
Abby: Did you hear it? Did you hear me crap?
Me: (perplexed, yet laughing almost hysterically) Huh?
Abby: When I jumped, my body made a huge crap!
Me: Ohhhhh, CRACK! Honey, those are your joints popping...cracking. Make sure you put the "CCCKKK" on the end. Cracking is completely different from crapping.
Notice anything different about the little miss in the picture above? That's right, she lost her very first tooth tonight. We realized that the tooth was merely holding on by a thread at dinner when eating was a bit painful for her, so we decided to congregate as a family around the sink in our bathroom as we coaxed the baby tooth out of her head. It worked, and she is so dang cute sticking her little tongue in and out of that teeny tiny hole.

I volunteered to be a helper in Abby's classroom this morning for their "center time" and had a complete blast. I was taken back a few years and realized why I had majored in Elementary Ed in college for the one year I was enrolled (before I got married)...I love these kids. I love seeing their little minds work and try to figure out life and learning. I love seeing their little personalities blossom. I love their little hands and zeal for everything in front of them. This is such a fun age. That being said, I am so glad that I can be the mom who volunteers to help in the classroom for a couple of hours once every couple of weeks instead of being with them every single day. I have high respect for kindy teachers! HIGH, I tell ya. These kids are a handful, yet they are so full of love and energy. I had so much fun today, and I really can't wait to do it again.

(she's carrying a bit high...I'm thinking it's a girl.)

5 comments:

Christine on September 11, 2009 at 10:18 PM said...

so stinkin' adorable!!! I totally loving the new smile :) And what a complete blast it is working with these little kiddos right?!?! I do have to say though, it takes a very special person to teach, especially kindy kids!!! And my oh my the words they tell, lol!!!

Kim and Asa on September 11, 2009 at 10:47 PM said...

I love the Emma tales! Gracie made a 60 on her spelling test today and when I saw the paper all I could do is laugh!!! The first word she misspelled was "trap". She'd spelled "crap"! How she got that mixed up, I'll never know. Why the teacher didn't just make "crap" a word this week, I'll never know. Why I find the word "crap" so funny, I'll never know! BUT, I did let her know that another 60 wasn't going to be so funny!!!

Amber Schmidt on September 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM said...

Oh my that is hilarious! And I do agree.. it must be a girl carrying that high! LOL

Heidi on September 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM said...

Tee-Hee, that girl is too funny. Did you notice we have the same toothless grin on our blog too?! Of course Jack is older. BUT crazy how they both just lost a tooth, and the very same bottom one! Love the pics, too sweet. Hugs from Jack and I :)

Jill on September 13, 2009 at 7:12 AM said...

Can't wait to show Elizabeth the tooth picture!

So glad your K-teacher lets you help! It will be a great way to get to know all of Abby's cohorts - you'll know the kids before you know the parents.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez