Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week: the invisible disease


If you look at the pictures of Nathan or even meet him in person, he looks completely fine. On the outside, he looks and acts like a normal 19 month old toddler. He is smart and mischievous and ornery and loving. He has dark blond(ish) hair and brown eyes and the sweetest smile ever. But on the inside of Nathan, there is a battle going on at the cellular level.

Here is a very informative video about another family's struggle with mitochondrial disease:

3 comments:

Tara on September 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM said...

That was a very touching video and very informing. Thanks for sharing it with us. I know I should tell you this more, but you are such a GREAT mother and all that you do and have done and go through on a daily basis, you are so strong and faithful..and a blessing to me!

wandaconner on September 23, 2009 at 8:04 PM said...

Thanks for posting the video!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I feel so bad when I think about how I complain sometimes with my "busy" schedule. I love you all and am thankful for your testimony.
Thanks for all you do as a sister to all of us! What a gift and blessing you and Bro Jason are!
Love,
Nina

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez