Thursday, October 22, 2009

Photos for Mito: November 7th


Our maiden voyage of Photos for Mito will be in a little more than 2 weeks. Our 10 slots were completely full within about 2 days, and I am still getting inquiries on if we can fit anyone else in for this fundraiser. If all goes well this time around, I hope to do this again in the spring.

Since we are 2 weeks out until the fundraiser, I wanted to mention that anyone who desires to send a donation for the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation can mail them to me. I am going to be mailing all the money gathered from now until the fundraiser to UMDF on November 9th. Just make your check out to UMDF and mail it to my address (email me for my address if you need it). This is a non-profit organization that was created "to promote research and education for the diagnosis, treatment and cure of mitochondrial disorders and to provide support to affected individuals and families". (www.umdf.org)

Also, I have had a couple of friends who have volunteered to help me out the day of Photos for Mito with checking families in and giving them the required information and such. Since this is an all day affair, I probably need one more helper for a couple of hours. If you have an interest in hanging out and helping a bit, please shoot me an email.

For those families who have a time slot for this day, I will be sending out an email with directions and information within the next week. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks and thank you so much for helping such a wonderful organization!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so looking forward to seeing you on Nov. 7th. We love you!! Beth

Melody on October 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM said...

I would soooo be there to help (or get pics!) if we lived closer. *sigh* Hope it all goes well!! Also hope things are back to normal now that you are home from your trip. Hugs, girl!

Dana on October 23, 2009 at 9:07 AM said...

What a sweet picture of Nafey. I hardly even notice his little fixture to his face anymore. He is one of the cutest things I have every seen in my life. I hope your fundraiser goes well!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez