Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where summer lasts for eons


Abby's little friend from school came home with us after school so the girls could all play together. Emma has been so excited about her coming over for the past couple of days because any friend of Abby's is automatically Emma's best friend too...in the 3 year old's eyes.
Over the past few months, I have been amazed at how fast Abby has grown up on us...but I have been even more amazed at how fast Emma wants to grow up now. Each morning, Emma participates with quite a few of the other students at our Elementary school in the morning mile. Essentially, students can get to school a half an hour early and run around a track and earn laps...for every 20 laps they run, they get a foot shaped charm for a necklace they are given. These kids wear their necklaces like they are medals and are so proud to show off their accomplishments. I love the idea and am so glad our school encourages it so strongly. For a solid week, Emma begged me to let her walk with Abby and her friends at the morning mile. The mother in me just knew that she wouldn't be able to keep up with the rest of the big kids and would get her feelings hurt, but I finally obliged and let her try it out one morning. The kid LOVED it. She would do pretty well keeping up with Abby and gang for a while, and when she started to lag behind, she just started talking to a new kid and proclaimed them as her new friend. 3 weeks into going to most of the morning miles, Emma has now become friends with about a quarter of the milers. And I have to admit that it is quite hilarious to see this itty bitty kid with really short legs running along with these big kids each morning. She's a trooper, that girl.
Anyway, the girls had a blast today with their school friend, and we brought out the slip-n-slide for probably the last time this season...or maybe that is wishful thinking that our cooler temps this weekend will stay. It was a fun day.
Hopefully I will have more to say next week, as my mind has definitely been overflowing with so much crapola lately with everything going on this month. We leave tomorrow to fly to Houston, and Nathan's appt. with our mito doc is Friday morning. I am looking forward to seeing her and getting a good idea on some direction with Nate's care...specifically his O2 usage. We are also meeting some friends while there, and I am super excited about that as well. I'll definitely update next week.

2 comments:

Kim and Asa on October 14, 2009 at 11:59 PM said...

Toe Tokens is what my kids call them! We do it here too! They put them on their shoe laces!!! So fun!

I've been praying for your trip! We have some friends from Memphis going too. If you see an Emily and Jackson say Hi! I'm not sure what time their appt is.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! We will be praying for your trip!! Love You, Beth

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez