Monday, November 16, 2009

"When I was your age...


...we had to actually watch the commercials. Every one of them. And we didn't have cartoons on all the time either, so we lived for Saturday mornings. And we actually played outside on train tracks and rode our bikes in the middle of the street and walked to the farmer's market to buy candy that cost a penny and orange coke that was 35 cents."

In this DVR-age, the kids have learned the wonderful ability to skip through all the commercials to get back to the "good stuff". So while we were listening to a long few minutes of commercials on the radio in the van this morning, Emma piped up "Mom, can you run through it?" When I explained to her that we couldn't skip through on our radio like we could on the TV, she instantly got the look of utter disgust on her face. I couldn't help but laugh as I explained what life was like when I was her age...not all that long ago.

3 comments:

Barb on November 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM said...

Have you introduced them to cassettes? lol I remember recording my favorite songs over and over again on both sides so I didn't have to keep rewinding. Man, I am so thankful for DVD's.

~sydney~ on November 17, 2009 at 3:53 PM said...

Too funny!

Krischa on November 17, 2009 at 8:16 PM said...

That is so funny! And to think we are still so young but technology can make you feel so old so quick! I remember the days of cassettes and VHS tapes! Ahh, for Dvd's!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez