Monday, December 28, 2009

6 years


My dearest Abigail,

You ended your 5th year with a bang when you lost your second top tooth, officially making you an honorary snaggle tooth. You spent the rest of the evening trying to say words starting with "s" and singing the "All I want for Christmas" song. You were about as cute as they come all evening. When putting you to bed, I carried your long lanky body curled up in my arms like a baby and realized that my knees would be shot if I gained an extra 50 pounds, and we went through the perfunctory "6 years ago tonight..." talk. I love those moments with you.

This year has been a momentous one for you...lost teeth, kindergarten, making friends. I look at you and simply can not believe my eyes at how grown up you are now. Seeing you at school makes me realize how independent you are, as you walk through the halls like you have been there for years and transition into different aspects of your school with ease. You love school...absolutely love it. It is simply incredible seeing you excel and enjoy it this much. One of my favorite times of the day is when you come home and we curl up on the floor and talk about your day. I know it can get annoying having to relive these intricate details of your day, but it means so much to me to hear your recap...giving me a little window into your world away from home.

The night before your last day of school before winter break, you started crying when you realized that it would be over 2 weeks before you could see your friends again. You have always been our little social butterfly, and this year was no different. You have gained numerous good friends this year, and you are constantly trying to get to know others more. In the academic part, you are just thriving! You are reading at a 1st grade level and doing small math problems. After a lot of practice, your handwriting is improving drastically, and you are enjoying writing stories with words that are spelled right phonetically...having that kindergarten twist to the spelling. It's a blast seeing these developments in you.

We have always been taught that it is important to be more beautiful on the inside than in the outward appearance. My dear girl, you are simply gorgeous on the outside...but you are even more gorgeous on the inside. You have one of the sweetest hearts. It tears me apart to see you cry at movies now, but it also makes me smile knowing that you are so soft on the inside. You are constantly worried about what others think and if everyone is happy, and it worries you to death if you know that someone is upset. I love your tender heart.

You are one the sweetest sisters...you are a little mama to Nathan, always getting him the things he wants and showering him with love and attention. It is so sweet to see your relationship with your little brother. And even though sibling spats come naturally with someone so close to your age, you and Emma generally get along really well. You play your own little make-believe games together and talk about all sorts of things. Emma looks up to you more than you realize, and it is mainly because you include her so much in your personal activities. My heart melts every time I see you grab for your little sister's hand so you two can run side by side during the morning mile. You introduce her to all of your friends and beam with pride while doing so.

My sweet Abby, my little snaggle tooth girl, my big 6 year old...I love you sweetheart. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Tara on December 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM said...

Happy 6th Birthday Abby! We Love you so much!

Kayla on December 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM said...

Oh how I love your photo videos at each birthday. You are so creative at putting them together. She has grown so much since I held her that day in the hospital. It is hard to believe what a beautiful little girl you have now. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The montage was adorable. Happy Birthday Abby!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Abby! We love you! Brother Tony, Sister Amanda, Carrigan and Camdyn

Stephanie Turner said...

I look forward to your kids birthdays every year because i LOVE the montages you make..you always pick the perfect song, and of course the photos are stunning. Happy Birthday Abby!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez