Thursday, December 17, 2009

Back to the Basics


While shopping the other day, the girls and I made a pit stop in the restroom. After the bidness was done, I told Emma to wash her hands. She looked down inspecting the details of her hands and said "No mom, I only wash my hands if I get poo-poo on them".
Bear-Bear hasn't been in too many pictures lately because he spends most of his days in the girls bed for fear that he will get lost one more time and be banished to the attic for who knows how long. When Abby turned 4, we made her forfeit her blanky at night time...that was back in the day when we worried about the kid carrying it around until she was 30. Funny how the things you worry about change with time and experience. Regardless, Bear-Bear will more than likely be a bedpartner for a bit longer than our previous "4 year old" rule.

While Jay was sewing him up the other night...yes, my husband does the sewing around here. The last time I sewed something, I couldn't thread the needle, so I ended up sewing up a hole with dental floss. However, I am very happy to say that the floss has made it through multiple washes and is still holding up like a charm...a very minty charm. Okay, so Jay was sewing bear-bear up and Emma was right under his nose tightly grasping Bear-Bear's worn out paw. When Jay asked her to give him some room to work, she replied "I have to hold his hand so he won't be scared." The arguer of the family may be a stinker, but she sure is a cute stinker most of the time.

4 comments:

Dani on December 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM said...

oh that Emma, she just cracks me up!

Kayla on December 17, 2009 at 8:42 PM said...

We have an arguer too who probably would have come to the same conclusion. So cute.

Dana on December 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM said...

I love that picture of Emma and Jay! I also got my Christmas Card and your three precious kiddos are once again hanging on my fridge til probably about June. Speaking of June, are you and Jay coming crusin with us? Come on Amber, you know the Bahamas are calling your name. When will you have another ten year anniversary to celebrate!!

Amber on December 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM said...

You are totally right, Dana. We REALLY need to get away for our 10 year anniv. But gosh, June is so hard to plan for already. HA! Give me the details though...what cruise are you all booking?

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez