Wednesday, December 16, 2009

V.I.P.


When I was in school, it totally stunk it up to have a summer birthday. Everyone else got to bring cupcakes and wear the birthday hat on their actual birthdays, and I was given an extra day at door holder. Abby messed up her "birthday at school" plan by coming early and making her entrance 3 days after Christmas...not a summer baby, but just as tough. The good thing these days is that regardless of when the kiddos are born, they are awarded an entire week that is all about them...their VIP week. This week was the pirate's VIP week.

Oh, pirate? Yes, I obviously birthed a pirate wannabe. Any chance she can sing the "All I want for Christmas" song?
The VIP week consists of a poster of baby to present pictures displayed in the classroom all week, getting to talk about things that are important in their life, having cupcakes delivered for the whole classroom, lunch with mom or dad (Jay says that he would rather work for the mob than eat in an elementary school lunchroom again, so I'm up for that job), and just be doted on a little more than usual. She has loved it.
Her cupcakes were super easy to make, and believe me when I say that "easy" is the number one thing I look for with cooking. Abby loved them, and I felt quite Martha Stewartish afterward. I dropped off the cupcakes to her teacher and ran as fast as I could before getting the stink-eye for bringing chocolate on chocolate ooey-crumbling goodness. Word on the street is that the lunch room janitor waved the white flag after cleaning that mess.

4 comments:

Melody on December 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM said...

OMGoodness are those cupcakes CUTE! And SHHHHH...don't tell Nicholas that Abby has blown by him in the teeth department. He lost 2 last year in Kindy and has yet to lose another. He has the top 2 that have been loose FOREVER, but he refuses to wiggle it enough to actually dislodge it. I am just waiting for the adult teeth to start coming in behind it. Glad she had a good week! We soooo need to catch up soon...ya know, in all of our huge amounts of free time, right?? LOL!

wandaconner on December 17, 2009 at 5:16 AM said...

WOW! Love the cupcakes!

Beth Turner on December 17, 2009 at 4:47 PM said...

Love the cupcakes!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to eat the nose right off of that little cupcake...just in case you ever wanted to know what my fav candy is....just in case you wanted to bring some to church or something like that...I would let you...I promise!
Nina

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez