Wednesday, January 20, 2010

4 years


My dear Emma,

We woke you up this morning with the birthday song and a gift in hand...a gift that screams "Emma"...a gift that cracked me up every time you asked for it. A Snuggie. Your face lit up the moment you saw it...you smiled, complained about the color (because really, you wouldn't truly be Emma is you didn't complain about something with it), and then stretched your tiny arms into the massive arm holes and wrapped the snuggie all the way around you. You wore in the van as we took Abby to school, and you are currently still wearing it now while periodically saying "I love to snuggle in my snuggie!"

Oh my Emma, you are so much fun. I have never been around a kid who has the quick wit and humor you possess. You just seem to know what is funny and how to make others laugh. A few days ago, you came to me with a massive wedgie and said "I think my underwears are getting too small because my bodunkadunk is growing. That means I need to start running like you." It is regular daily conversation like that that has us chuckling and shaking our heads quite often when you are around.

But while you are comical and fun-loving most of the time, you also have a sneaky streak to you that scares me at times. We constantly have to remain one step ahead of your thought process because you are constantly trying to get away with things you know are off limits...be it taking Bear-Bear into the living room so you can suck your thumb all day long, sneaking a show on the TV that you know is not allowed, and cheating at any game we play. You declared this morning that since it is your birthday, you can do anything and everything that you wanted to do today, all while eyeing my face to see what kind of reaction that statement earned...to which I just shook my head and silently prayed for guidance in how to raise a free-spirited child like yourself. I pray that prayer often.

Your zeal and excitement for life is contagious, and I find that I really do enjoy just being around you. You still love to snuggle, and your squishy body fits so well in a snuggle either in our arms or beside us in a chair. You are our stealth ninja child who often climbs into bed with us in the middle of the night...sometimes without us even knowing. You get away with a lot by saying that you are "cared (scared) of the dark" or need help with something because you are "afwaid of doing it". You still have a really hard time saying words that contain the letter "s" in them, and while that poses a problem because "s" is kinda a popular letter, it is so stinkin' cute to hear you pronounce certain words. Abby is still your best friend, and you and Nathan have an incredible relationship now. All in all, you are a wonderful sister and daughter.

We love you, our little Emmabear. Happy 4th Birthday, sweetheart.

8 comments:

3saints on January 20, 2010 at 8:11 AM said...

She really is adorable...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet girl..

Warmly
Kate

Tara on January 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM said...

Happy Birthday Emma! We love you!! Jolee said...She is having a Birthday AGAIN, she just had one after church! HA!! Cute, Cute Video, Amber!

wandaconner on January 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM said...

Happy Birthday . . . I love you Emma!

Beth on January 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM said...

Happy Birthday Emma! We love you!! Beth, Brian and Matthew

the Spocks on January 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM said...

Happy Birthday, Emma. We also say bodunkadunk at our house.

Stephanie Turner said...

That child radiates PURE joy. Happy Birthday Emma!

Katie on February 10, 2010 at 7:12 AM said...

I LOVE that little surfer necklace on her. So cute. I love the black and white close-up about half-way through, so precious- and the shaving pic. :) Did you ever order a cd from one true media? Lemme know- email me if you would, or fb me... I'm wondering how they turned out. I love this song, too, btw!! Never heard it before.

Katie on February 10, 2010 at 7:13 AM said...

OH, and a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Miss Emma girl! Can't BELIEVE she's 4. This means Jack's 4th birthday is right around the corner! :(

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez