Friday, January 22, 2010

Anatomy 101


Nathan sat beside me as I put on some makeup this morning, and to keep his tiny fingers from opening every powder and blush, I tried to keep him occupied by asking him to point to different body parts. Barring some confusion between his eyes and ears at one point, he was purdy darn good.

"Where is Nate's nose? Where's Nate's mouth? How about your teeth? Where's Nate's belly?" was all replied with his pointer finger locating each body part with ease. "Where's Nate's toes?" prompted a foot in the air with wiggly toes...and then another foot in the air with "Wook Ma, two toes" in the sweetest miniature voice ever.

While I was reveling in my son's aced exam of toddler anatomy, I thought I'd throw out a harder one for extra credit..."Where are Nate's knees?"

The little tike looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes and gave me an absolutely perfected "AHHHHH-CHOOOOOO!"

(Hint: Read my question rather quickly and in a typical southern drawl and you will understand the hilarity of it all.)

5 comments:

Table of Stone on January 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM said...

That's great. Absolutely great.

Beth on January 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM said...

Cute! I love it!

Julie Brantley on January 22, 2010 at 4:56 PM said...

cute!!

Barb on January 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM said...

You seriously need to write a book. Between your writing skills and the funny things your kids say, you'd have a bestseller!

3saints on January 23, 2010 at 11:11 AM said...

That's adorable!

Hugs
Kate

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez