Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My kiddos...growing up


Today turned out to be a gorgeous 70 degree day, so I took the little munchkins out this afternoon, bribed them each with a teeny-tiny sucker, and took their yearly "age" pictures. And let me just put on my venting hat for a moment and tell you how stinkin' hard it is to get pics out of your own kids sometimes. Seriously. After spending a half-hour making sure Nate didn't climb into the ant pile, Emma stayed out of the gum pack in the front seat, and Abby learned that a smile is a LOT different than no expression whatsoever, I was about ready to pull out all my eyelashes. And then my eyebrows. And then perhaps some nose hairs. It was that exhausting.
Abby is weirded out by her toothless grin these days, so she has been trying to perfect her "lip grin", which just looks like she has a severe bout of constipation. Trying to make her laugh just makes the strain worst. Emma...well, Emma pretty much flat out refuses to look at the camera. If she does, it's almost perfect, but it takes a small army (and a mother pretending that a tiny worm is crawling across the lens, so you have to look really closely to see it) to get her to make eye contact with the camera. Nathan...well, Nafey boy is 2. And 2 is perhaps the worst age EVAH for photographing munchkins...at least in my book, it is. So Nathan + dos years = no comprende pictureteque. Here are a few of the day's possessions...my 6, 4 and almost 2 year olds.

5 comments:

Heidi on January 20, 2010 at 12:27 AM said...

Amber, as always you managed to capture the perfect picture! SO youre going a little bald in the process!

Its nice to know these dont always come easy to even a skilled photographer as yourself. Just dont ever kid yourself in thinking that they will come any easier as they get older!

Good to see little Nafey smiling and out of that hospital bed. praying he gains back his strength soon-hugs from Jack and I :)

3saints on January 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM said...

wow...those are amazing, I can never get any pictures of my 3 together..drives me totally nuts! ;)

:) Kate

Nicole on January 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM said...

They're so cute! I love their outfits too!! :)

The Adventures of Kate & Sam! on January 20, 2010 at 3:23 PM said...

Great pictures! Very impressive with an almost 2 year old! What lense were you using? Just trying to study up a little. I've got my camera and am waiting for my 50mm to come in the mail...can't do much in manual with the kit lense.

AND how did you ever get Nathan to lay on the ground like that and pose for that picture!?
:) Nicole

Beth on January 20, 2010 at 6:25 PM said...

Wonderful!! It seems like yesterday we were celebrating Mattthew's 1st birthday and you were pregnant with Nathan. Now Nathan is going to be 2 and Matthew 3. Oh my goodness! Love the pictures! Beth

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez