Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More of the little ole' gangsta


For all ye camera enthusiasts, I ordered the 50mm 1.4f a few days ago and can not wait to get it in and try the sucka out. I have been loving my 50mm 1.8f for indoors, but it being a cheap lens and over 3 years old (meaning it has taken thousands of pictures, I kid you not), it is starting to create quite a bit of digital noise even at the lower iso levels. Since I have had my eye on the 50 1.4 for a while, I took the plunge and can not wait to get it in. I'll let you know how it works out. I took these shots with the 100mm 2.8f macro lens that is great for outdoors. I don't especially like taking posed shots of Nate with it because it is such a long lens that in the time it takes me to get far enough away from him, he has purposefully moved or run away (he's a stinker like that). But, I had it on the camera and didn't want to change lenses for this impromptu quick shoot before it started raining the other day. The 100mm is really great for taking outside pics when the kids are playing because you can stay at a distance and just shoot them more naturally. Love this lens!Here is a shot showcasing that I was in the wrong position for the right light. It was a really really cloudy day and I had a group of trees behind me, so it blocked a lot of the light on Nate's face...thus giving him the racoon eyes effect. It would have been better if I would have been on the other side of Nathan, since that side had open sky...the light would have been perfect on his face. See...even after taking pictures for a while, we still make mistakes. After I took 3 shots, I moved to the other side of him, but he was DONE with pictures in the street. That's when we moved to the backyard...that showcased all of our brown winter yardage (yuck). This outfit in the street seemed to go better than the yard, but Nate had other plans.
And after an impromptu photo shoot, I also make sure I have nice goodies on hand. Suckers are a great treat for putting up with my "practicing". :)

3 comments:

Michelle on February 9, 2010 at 8:52 PM said...

You were right! I LOVE my 50mm/1.4!!!! It is great in low light! Can't wait to see what pics you get with it!

Texas Mom on February 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM said...

I have the 50mm/1.8 and I love mine! I would love to have the 1.4 though. I can't wait to hear about it and how you love it!

Of course you could use any lens and your photos would still rock it!

Cassie on March 5, 2010 at 4:08 PM said...

can you post WHERE you found these precious mini-"wife beaters" hate to call them that when they are for a 2 year old! :) Happy birthday Nate!! I have been LOVIN all the precious birthday pictures!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez