Friday, February 12, 2010

Think before you say


In my weekly "I've gotta get back in shape" jaunt, the girls and I took advantage of the no-school-day and spent a bit of the morning sweating it up to a workout video. Midway through the video, my sweatshirt/pajama pant ensemble was getting a bit heavy for the muscles that obviously hadn't been used in many moons, so I shed the sweatshirt for a raunchy sports bra/pajama pants duo. With blinds firmly closed in an attempt to save any of the neighborly type from viewing Jigglefest 2010, we continued the intense cardio workout.

During the cool down phase, Abby came up behind me and placed both of her hands around my waist...

Abby: Why does your booty come out of your pants like this? If you squeezed all this fatness back down, it would make just one booty again.
Me (amused too much to be ticked off at her accurate portrayal of my back half): Hun, those are just love handles. Most everyone gets them when they get older.
Abby: Oh. Why are they called 'love handles'?
Me: Ummmmmmmmm, well........because they love to be there and won't leave. Don't you need to brush your teeth or make your bed or something?

6 comments:

Kim and Asa on February 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM said...

So funny!!! How can kids make the biggest insult yet it sounds so funny and sweet?!!

Gracie said when I walk in the house, it makes stuff shake! WHAT?!!

You just have to laugh....that burns calories you know!

Kim and Asa
www.celebratinginchstones.blogspot.com

Dana on February 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM said...

You must be talking about Taebo! I started it a few weeks ago and I jiggle all over. Joshua pokes my legs when they jiggle and laughs. Thats ok, we are going to be some in shape mama's in about two months if Billy Blanks has anything to do with it!

Anonymous said...

This video is priceless. How wonderful that you're getting precious memories to look at for years to come.

Heidi on February 15, 2010 at 6:32 AM said...

GOOD ANSWER! that Abby always cracks me up!

Katie on February 15, 2010 at 4:24 PM said...

HAHA! I love reading your kids. LOL!

terra on February 21, 2010 at 3:43 PM said...

oh my lord that is too hilarious!
i am LOL at this description of you working out because i swear i thought you had a hidden camera in MY house of ME trying to work out for a second there...

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez