Thursday, March 25, 2010

Awareness


A fellow mito mom from North Carolina worked long and hard to put together the following video in an effort to raise more awareness for mito. The more awareness that is brought to this disease, the more funding scientists will have for potential treatments and hopefully a cure. Thanks to Amber Greenawalt for all her work on making the video.

To help us find a cure for Nathan and the many others suffering from Mitochondrial Disease please support the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, www.umdf.org.

PS...you may recognize a few of the photos of an adorable little guy (wink, wink).


On a different note, but still in the realm of raising awareness for mito, I was contacted yesterday by a representative from Miracle Flights. They said that they were using Nathan's picture and story for their "Sample Patient Story" on their website to help direct parents requesting flights for their children. I am so honored they chose Nathan to help represent their organization, which has been an incredible help to us in so many ways! You can view the page by clicking "here".

6 comments:

All the Marletts on March 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM said...

Oh Amber, I just watched the finished product for the first time from your post! She did a wonderful job!!!! I will try and post it on our blog.

I am proud to say that I am stand among such a wonderful, loving, proactive group of Mito mommies! God knew what he was doing when he blessed us with these children!

I just got home from attending Karen Owens' new support group, Chronically Cool Families. It was wonderful! She too is very inspiring!

We will raise awareness which will ultimately lead to a cure!

Melody on March 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM said...

I *love* this video! She did an amazing job. Is there any way she would let me post this on my facebook? I would love to help spread awareness. Thanks so much for sharing!

Amber on March 26, 2010 at 7:56 AM said...

Nicole, I knew I recognized Lucy in some of those photos. :) BTW, I copied the last paragraph from your blog and put it on my post also. I was so exhausted when I put this up last night and couldn't think clearly.

Melody, I emailed you.

shalonda on March 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM said...

yep amber i would love to post it on my chubby cheek blog to help yall in the fight to raise awareness...btw i am so very proud of you this video is incredible!

Amber on March 30, 2010 at 9:57 PM said...

Thanks Shalonda...we'd love for you to post it for more awareness. I didn't create the video...a mito mom named Amber Greenawalt did it all. I merely told her she could have full reign of any of my pictures. :) She did a great job with it all!

Katie on March 31, 2010 at 9:41 PM said...

Mm. Can hardly watch it. Nathan is so precious and I am so sorry that you are having to watch him go through this. I know you are somewhere I'm not, as you've wrestled the good fight with the Lord from day one over it... and I know He is there in the middle, and near Nathan. Still, my heart goes out to you. We'll keep praying over him and may God continue to give you the grace and presence you need, and as He is so good to give.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez