Friday, April 9, 2010

Home again, Home again, Jiggety Jig.


So, the title gives it away...we are again indeed in the land of sunshine and mosquitos once again. Even though I loved our trip to Houston and our encounters with so many incredible people, there was such a sense of comfort when I was driving home from the airport and all I could see was familiar Florida land in my windows. I love Texas...don't get me wrong...I love the state, the people, the doctors who take care of my son and the people I call friends and family who live in that state, but seeing palm trees once again reminded me that my husband and my girls would be in my arms soon.

This trip was a great trip. I told Jay tonight that before we left for this trip, I had wondered if going to the mito clinic in Houston twice a year was worth it...worth that money, the time, the exhaustion, the pain. It was. It was, times a hundred. It was such a good trip, and I am once again thankful that God has opened this avenue up to us.

I will update on the rest of our trip soon (hopefully tomorrow). I have quite a few more pictures to go through and edit and some more fun stories to tell of the rest of our week in the great state of Texas. But for now...I need sleep. It was a great trip, but my body is quite weary and my mind needs to rest...

In the meantime, I came home to an email from someone affiliated with a local magazine wanting to do an interview with our family regarding Nathan and mito. I'll update with info when I receive it, but this is such exciting news for us. We have some incredible things happening in our state in regards to awareness for this disease!!

2 comments:

Heidi on April 10, 2010 at 3:26 AM said...

glad youre home and it was a good trip. Cant wait to hear more about the story they want to do on Nathan. Hugs and some much needed rest!
Heidi & Jack.

Kim and Asa on April 10, 2010 at 8:32 AM said...

Glad ya'll made it safe and sound!! I can't wait to hear about your trip, appointments, adventures and the friends!!

And yay for the magazine!! Can't wait to hear what they have in mind!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez