Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kindy 2010


The school year is coming to a close, and I have to say that it is a bit more emotional than I ever expected. I don't want it to end...this year. My baby, my first-born's year of kindergarten. I wish for time to stand still just a bit longer so that I can enjoy this more. For it seriously seemed like just yesterday when we were walking on the red, yellow and blue lines painted on the walkway entering this new world we call "school". My heart was heavy on that first day, as I didn't want to let go of that blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl that I have absolute privilege of calling "my daughter".
This year has been simply amazing. Abby has taken off like crazy in this academic world and just thrived in the environment she has been in all year. Although there have been a couple of close calls, she is proud to say that she has never been sent to "time out" all year long. She has been pushed academically in areas where she thrives and just loves learning everything you throw at her. She's one smart cookie, that kid. Although kindergarten friendships can be a bit finicky at times, she has made numerous pals and some really close friends over the course of the year. When anyone mentions the closing of the school year, she immediately gets a bit weepy when thinking about the friends she won't get to see on an every day basis. Her "bestiss friend ever" (according to the daily home made cards we see in her back pack every day) is currently a sweet heart of a kid named Andrew. These two are seriously inseparable right now, and it is very cute to watch. Although, we have had to tame down their talk of marriage lately and remind them that they are indeed only 6-ish and may indeed part ways in a few years when boys become stinky and girls become cliquish. They disagree...you know, because they are bestiss friends.
(at Andrew's football game:)
Our elementary school is such a wonderful place, and I am extremely thankful for the incredible people who make it such a great school. We have met some amazing parents this year, which makes it even more exciting as we create lasting friendships with so many new faces.
So, as this school year quickly comes to a close in a few short weeks, I am indeed very thankful for such a wonderful experience for Abby and us. She has grown so much since that first day when I helped her place her backpack in her cubby for the first time and kissed her forehead as I said a heartfelt goodbye. She's an impressive gal, this sweet first-born of mine.

2 comments:

mikejogs on May 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM said...

Awww! Looks like you got a healthy-dose of the nostalgic gene. ;)
L-
Dad

Beth on May 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM said...

We are so proud of Abby! She has grown so fast. I still see her as the little one sitting in our big chair eating graduates and watching Wiggles. We Love You!! Beth, Brian, and Matthew

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez