Friday, July 23, 2010

The past week


For the first time since starting this blog, I am finding it more difficult to keep writing regularly this summer. Having all 3 hooligans home has created less time for extended personal moments, and I am finding it harder to fit everything in to the 17 hours of awake time I have each day. Hopefully this will change a bit in the next month once school starts again.The past week has been a really great week of appointments for the Nateman. His GI appointment this week was the easiest appt we have had in a very long time. His motility is doing great currently, and he has gained almost an entire kilo since April...roughly 2 pounds. That is a huge jump in weight for him, and we are so very thankful for the cushion. He is now on the growth chart for weight and height, and his BMI is looking great for the first time.

I believe that I can also proclaim that the little guy is officially potty trained. He is in undies full time...even at night. It is so funny to see him run through the house stripping down trousers to make it to the potty. I have to admit that he was really easy to train, but I think most of that was because I took a more laid-back approach to training him and was never stressed about it. He's such a big boy now, and I can't hardly keep from pinching that undied-hiney each time he walks by.
Yesterday brought about a great neuro appt...one where we left excited and uplifted about some future plans for our area. After much discussion and work on our neurologist's part, he is creating a mito clinic to be opened soon through our hospital. We have been talking about this for some time now, and I am so excited that the plans are finally coming to fruition. We have had such wonderful response from those in our state wanting to make appointments in the clinic when it does indeed open. I will definitely update more as I learn more specifics, but I can now say that this clinic is definitely going to happen.

So, busy and good times around here.

3 comments:

Beth on July 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM said...

So excited for you all. Great news all around from Nate's drs. appts. to the opening of a mito clinic to potty training. Love Ya!

Keely on July 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM said...

So glad to hear about the good appointments!! Grab the lull and ride it! :)
I also find little boys in undies to be the cutest thing ever!!
Hoping for a long and blissfull break in the medical junk!

(and of course hoping for more updates - but I'm sure those will come with due time :) )

Heidi on July 27, 2010 at 7:22 AM said...

Great news about the new clinic and Nates appts. I can see he's gained weight. Funny how 2 lbs. really shows on their little bods!
I remember Sarah always saying how Wesley gained weight once he was on the O2 fulltime. I wonder if that helped? It makes sense that his body isnt working so hard now so he's able to gain better. ALSO staying well is a big one. Jack is struggling in this area right now, going down in the charts again.

WOW, WTG Nate on the potty training, that is amazing! AND yes, boys undies are adorable! I remember once Jack was finally out of diapers (6yrs old daytime, still in them for nighttime, darn tube feeds!) his bum looked so tiny in those boxer briefs!. Ahem, and he was getting a little too old for pinching!

No guilt, enjoy your summer without the blogging Amber. Ive neglected mine some too. HUGS and always prayers for your little guy-
Heidi & Jack.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez