Monday, August 23, 2010

Ist grade


My baby girl entered 1st grade today. Though not as emotionally taxing as her entering kindergarten last year, it still made me a bit sentimental today to know that my Abby is now a 1st grader. I'm guessing the same emotions will erupt each year as we watch our children grow older.

Tomorrow morning, I have the privilege of partaking in an IEP meeting for the Absters. I never thought I would mention "IEP" when talking about Abby. But you see, the smart cookie has gone through 3 rounds of testing over the past few months and been approved for our school system's gifted program. I have to admit that I knew she was pretty bright, but I am amazed that she got into the program as a first grader. The really neat thing is that we get to meet with her enrichment teacher and develop an educational plan for her...goals to be set regarding her education and everything. I'm excited for the kiddo.

3 comments:

Beth on August 24, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

Love the 1st day of school outfit. We are very proud of Abby. Love You Guys. Beth, Brian and Matthew

Heidi on September 2, 2010 at 4:16 AM said...

When I read IEP, you got me worried! WTG Abby, thats wonderful! Sweet pics, she looks so much older stepping out as a 1st grader. I cant wait to hear how she likes the new program.
Heidi & Jack.

Anonymous said...

SHE IS A VERY PRETTY LITTLE LADY.

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez