Friday, August 6, 2010

Semi-annual bribe your kids day


My weapon of choice, a Canon 40D. The prize for patience, good attitudes, and non-cheezy smiles: popcorn and an Icee. Deal.
I took the kidlets to the stadium in town yesterday morning to take their summer pictures. I was getting a bit bored with locations around the house, and I knew that the campus shouldn't be too terribly crowded right now...give it a couple of weeks, and it will be a mad house. I love our city in the summertime...so quiet and non-trafficky. The kids did great this time around. In fact, there were no stern faces or sighs of exasperation or harsh tones coming from yours truly. I would say that due to all of this, it was probably the best shoot I have ever had with them. Let's just say that photographing your own children when they are fully aware of all your tricks is not an easy task.
I mean, it took me sticking the lens cap behind my glasses and yelling out "Argh Matey!" at a decibel that would put some lawnmowers to shame to merely get all three of them to even look at me in the following shot. Obviously, they were still not amused by their ridiculous mother's antics. However, the guy whose stealth footsteps brought him within ear shot of the scene was amused.
All in all, it was a productive and fun outing. We finished fairly quickly and before it got too warm in the morning. Nate handled the heat really well, and the girls had minimal complaining. I'd call that quite productive. And we ended up with some pretty cure pics to boot. At least good enough for some popcorn and an Icee.

4 comments:

Heidi on August 7, 2010 at 12:27 AM said...

These are beautiful! LOVE those kids! A great shoot, B/W shot of Nate is so sweet. Theyre all looking so much older now and Emma looks like shes really grown much taller??!! Thanks for sharing :) hugs to your littleones tonight--
Heidi & Jack.

Lok on August 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM said...

Seriously - you keep getting better and better! Thank you for sharing what you do. Ooohhh, that you lived closer, so we could meet! And so that you could photograph my family!

Leigh, Tucker's Mom on August 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM said...

Wow,
These pictures are great!!
What beautiful kids:)

My name is Leigh, I am a friend of Missy's. I am new to your blog and new to the Mito world,
My husband and I are hoping to get a new nice camera soon, maybe I will be taking gorgeous pictures like these soon!

Leigh

Roeh Family Update on August 7, 2010 at 9:33 PM said...

LOVE these! Great job! Well worth the popcorn and Icee:)

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez