Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gooney Bird


I have recently found that one of the greatest things about being a parent is that if you time it right, there are opportune times when it is absolutely okay to act like a lunatic. Well, a lunatic by adult standards, but it is totally okay in the kid world. So essentially, these are times when you can act like a kid again.
Abby's class finished reading the book Gooney Bird Greene this week and wrapped the week up with a full blown Gooney Bird party, complete with outlandish outfits. It was a blast...and absolutely hysterical to see all the crazy clothes everyone was sportin'.
The other fun part about this day was that I had offered to volunteer to help in the classroom during the party...meaning that I spent copious amounts of time finding my own Gooney Bird outfit and loving every minute of it. I love the times when it is completely okay to act like an idiot. Seems that I fit right in during those times.
Abby had no idea what I would show up wearing (ideas about me wearing my undergarments on the outside of my clothes was frowned upon by her, for whatever reason), so it was fun to see the look on her face when she came into the classroom. I am totally holding onto these moments as long as I can before she starts becoming completely and utterly embarrassed by every little thing I do. It was such a fun day, and I can't say enough about her class and teachers this year. They are simply incredible and have so much love for all of their kiddos. It's been an amazing year so far, and I love being able to be a little part of it.

3 comments:

Sarah on October 30, 2010 at 4:14 PM said...

Oh how exciting!!!! your outfits are super duper cool! I'm so happy for these moments you get with your kiddos! :)

AmyG on October 30, 2010 at 9:19 PM said...

I love your outfits! Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Tara on November 1, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

Ya'll look so cute, I love it!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez