Saturday, October 9, 2010

Photos for Mito: November 6, 2010



I am extremely excited to announce the second annual Photos for Mito fundraiser!! Last year's fundraiser was an incredible success, and we were blessed to raise more money that I ever thought possible, especially in our first year.

All money collected during this fundraiser is donated to the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation. According to umdf.org, "Since 1996, the UMDF has provided nearly $7 million in grants to support the research that may lead to a less invasive diagnosis and ultimately a cure. UMDF's mission is to promote research and education for the diagnosis, treatment and cure of mitochondrial disorders and to provide support to affected individuals and families."

This is an organization that is very near and dear to our hearts. They have provided much needed information and support for our family through our journey with this disease. Through UMDF and 2 dear friends with children affected with mito, we have been able to create a group for our state that helps provide support, information, and resources to those affected with mitochondrial diseases in our state and those seeking information of these disorders. I feel very responsible for helping the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation in any way I can, and I am so delighted to be able to use the talents God gave me to help in this mission.

Our second annual Photos for Mito fundraiser will be held on November 6, 2010 at Trinity United Methodist Church. Due to the popular demand for these slots, most of the 12 slots have previously been filled. **I do have one remaining slot open at 2:00 on the 6th for anyone interested. Please email me at amberferrell@gmail.com if you are interested in booking this session in our fundraiser. **See bottom for up to date info about remaining sessions.**

UMDF has supplied us with a fundraising website for Photos for Mito this year, equipped with the ability to donate through the web if you desire. Simply click on the "Donate Now" button if you would like to help in our fundraising efforts and are not able to make a photo session. http://www.umdf.org/site/c.cvKVIcOPIlJcH/b.6279397/k.BF85/Home.htm

I always hated fundraising in school...I even hated asking my parents for money for various items. Asking for money is definitely not my forte'. However, I do know that money is what funds research and research is what creates trials and trials is what fuels cures, and I pray that we find a cure for mitochondrial disease in Nathan's lifetime. Thus, I ask that you support the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation monetarily in helping us find a cure for mito...for Nathan.

**Edited to add...ALL sessions are now booked. Please stay tuned for next year's Photo for Mito fundraiser if you are interested in a photo session.**

2 comments:

Heidi on October 10, 2010 at 4:40 AM said...

So wish I could get a mini session with you! Cant wait to see all the photos. Thanks for all you do in helping find a CURE for our boys! Hugs to your littleones tonight-
Heidi & Jack.

Alison on October 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM said...

Amber, I sure wish I was down your way! I would have you take photos in a heartbeat!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez