Sunday, October 24, 2010

Won't ever be able to live this one down


As a general rule, we make numerous decisions daily. Most of our decisions are centered around a well-rounded thought process supporting the reasons behind such decisions. But then there are sometimes where you just don't take the time to think of all the dreaded consequences that could come from your actions, and the stupidity that you try so hard to hide just comes glaring through.

Such a thing happened today, and I will be the first to take full responsibility for the events you are about to read...

Heading to church this morning, we realized that we had forgotten to take Nathan "potty" before we left the house when he declared that he had to "go"..."really really bad" were his words. Not wanting to stop on the side of the road, I did what every well respected redneck would do...I grabbed an empty sippy cup. And he did have to go...really really bad. For fear that the contents would slosh out of the cup with any sudden movement, I stuck the lid back on the sippy cup and set a mental reminder in the left corner of my cerebral cortex to dump the contents when we stopped.

Obviously, the left corner of my cerebral cortex is already full because I totally didn't remember to empty out the pee cup when we got to church.

Fast-forward a few hours (we old baptists like to get our church on, and today was lunch Sunday). I buckled Nate into his seat and happened to look up at Emma making the most awful face with spit running down her chin. "UGH! What is that?" she said with utter disgust as she placed a slightly less-full orange sippy cup back into the cup holder beside my seat. "Did I just drink pee-pee?"

My father used to tell me almost daily that I wasn't truly mature until I thought of everything that could happen from my actions. I'm guessing I still have a ways to go to maturity.

22 comments:

skye on October 24, 2010 at 10:24 PM said...

Oh no! Poor Em!
There are worse things that could happen -- at least she didn't reach for a piece of "chocolate."

:)

cmoursler on October 24, 2010 at 11:14 PM said...

lololololololololol.....
Dear, What you have created is a family story that can be told for years to come. Congratulations...
It will always start with
Remember when...?

Texas Mom on October 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM said...

AAAHHHHH!!!! That is the BEST story EVER! I can't stop laughing! LOVE IT!

Melody on October 24, 2010 at 11:29 PM said...

Oh Lordy...so sorry to be ROTFLMBO at your expense over here, but that is surely going to be one of those family stories that you will always remember. Hope Emma has recovered from her pee cup experience. Hugs, girlie...

Alison on October 25, 2010 at 12:41 AM said...

LOL I am smiling with you, not at you!!!

Michelle and Sean on October 25, 2010 at 9:27 AM said...

Ha ha! That is too funny! I mean sad he drank pee-pee. I love it, the joys of being a mom, and the mature one!!

Blondie on October 25, 2010 at 10:25 AM said...

I can barely type...I am laughing so hard!!!

We do something similar with my 4yo but it's plastic cups stuffed with paper towels (all long trips start with loading the van with several prepared cups). It has always been my fear that the same would happen to us!

I think the only circumstance that would have made it funnier was if you had sent that particular sippy cup into Sunday school...

bethany gowens said...

hahahahaha! rofl. that is hilarious!

LStewart on October 25, 2010 at 3:20 PM said...

Poor thing!

BTW I'm glad you posted that photo again. When I walked into about the same sort of mess Saturday morning I knew I had read/seen someone else experience the indoor snow. My oldest two grandsons found a oversized stuffed dog that my daughter has kept for the past 25 years. His neck was torn so she kept him hid away in her closet with intentions of someday fixing the tear. Unfortunately the boys found the dog, the tear, and the stuffing. I'm STILL cleaning up little pieces of stuffing!

LStewart on October 25, 2010 at 3:20 PM said...

Poor thing!

BTW I'm glad you posted that photo again. When I walked into about the same sort of mess Saturday morning I knew I had read/seen someone else experience the indoor snow. My oldest two grandsons found a oversized stuffed dog that my daughter has kept for the past 25 years. His neck was torn so she kept him hid away in her closet with intentions of someday fixing the tear. Unfortunately the boys found the dog, the tear, and the stuffing. I'm STILL cleaning up little pieces of stuffing!

Wanda on October 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM said...

Please pack her suitcase . . . I'm on my way to pick her up! I LOVE YOU EMMA!

The Gustafson Family on October 25, 2010 at 7:17 PM said...

I am cracking up right now! That is the funniest story I have heard in a long time! And just to make you feel better-me and my terrible memory would have forgotten about the the pee-pee cup too, I'm sure :)

jengame on October 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM said...

Oh, I can hardly wait to hear Emma's version...IF she decides to share. :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah did the same thing...except it was Lee's snuff spit...she picked up his cup and took her a big ole swig of spit and snuff...before I could get the cup from her she swallowed...and then within just a little while...well...we had to get a new outfit!
Nina

Anonymous said...

Sarah did the same thing...except it was Lee's snuff spit...she picked up his cup and took her a big ole swig of spit and snuff...before I could get the cup from her she swallowed...and then within just a little while...well...we had to get a new outfit!
Nina

Anonymous said...

Sarah did the same thing...except it was Lee's snuff spit...she picked up his cup and took her a big ole swig of spit and snuff...before I could get the cup from her she swallowed...and then within just a little while...well...we had to get a new outfit!
Nina

Lok on October 26, 2010 at 1:00 PM said...

The Mister and I laughed for a solid five minutes after reading this - thank you!!! It's a wonder that we haven't experienced the same thing ourselves. Go Ferrells!!!

Sarah on October 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM said...

omg!!! GROSS! poor lady!!! LoL! I can't believe that happened to her! lol! how did she describe the taste? lol! just curious.

Amber on October 26, 2010 at 8:16 PM said...

Funny you ask that, Sarah...we were at the pediatrician today for a recap of Nate's appts in Houston and some of the first words out of her mouth were "I drank pee-pee!" When our ped asked her what it tasted like, she said "water from the ocean". I'm guessing salty.

Lisa on October 27, 2010 at 12:08 AM said...

Oh my, a story for years to come! Or blackmail!!


Lisa Q

Cynthia on October 28, 2010 at 1:45 PM said...

I haven't really been in touch or kept up with your family in a long while, but think of you guys often. Today I decided that I would try to relocate your blog. It's been a rough week so this laughter that you just brought out of me is much appreciated!! Absolutely hilarious story, that I'm sure to re-tell!

Emily on October 28, 2010 at 1:47 PM said...

NO WAY!! Serious ROFL over here!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez