Friday, November 26, 2010

Numerous "firsts"



First off, it was definitely a first that my husband offered to put Christmas lights on the house, and it was a first that I actually shopped for the needed equipment.
Then it was a first the when he hopped onto the roof of our house, he also offered a hand to our 2 daughters...a first that aged me about 10 years and gave me multiple times of prayer with God. For in my eyes, I could totally "see" one of our kiddos losing their footing and plummeting 15 feet to their state of paralysis. My dear husband, on the other hand, could see that it was a wonderful "experience" for them. Ppshaw. Seriously? We are going to leave them at be?
Thankfully (as according to their mother), the 2 oldest kiddos grew rather bored with having to stay put on their part of the roof and asked to get down within just a few minutes. And then the dear husband continued his endeavor of the yearly adventure known as "risking your own life" while putting on Christmas lights. It was the first time in 10 years of our marriage that lights have donned the outer part of our home...and we are all very happy. Thanks sweet pea...you are the best (even though we totally need to fix that upper part of the roof)!!

1 comments:

Liz said...

I have a knot in my stomach just looking at these pictures - I can't imagine how you felt! Good for the girls that they were so courageous but I'm glad they didn't stay up there too long. The house looks beautiful!

Blog Archive

Followers

 

Life with the Ferrells Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez